Video Games Release Dates Week (5/8/17+)

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
upload_2017-5-8_0-48-8.png

Welcome to another game release folks. If you're like me and in college then guess what! Finals week most likely so that means you won't have much game time but perhaps there is something to reward yourself with? Sadly not much on this list other than Minecraft cementing itself as a game on all consoles. Whatever opens your wallet, take your pick:

Tuesday (5/9/17):
  • Butcher (PS4)
  • Strafe (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
  • NBA Playgrounds (PS4, Switch)
  • Birthdays The Beginning (PS4)
  • Blade & Bones (PS4)
  • Bloons TD 5 (PS4)
  • Elliot Quest (PS4)
  • Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland (PS4)
  • Human: Fall Flat (PS4)
  • Last Stitch Goodnight (PS4)
  • Lethal League (PS4)
  • LocoRoco Remastered (PS4)
  • Moonshot Galaxy (PSVR)
  • Polybius (PSVR)
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (PS4)
  • Revenant Saga (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Narcosis (Xbox One)
Wednesday (5/10/17):
  • BUTCHER (Xbox One)
  • Lethal League (Xbox One)
  • Dead Cells (PC)
Thursday (5/11/17):
  • Minecraft (Switch)
  • Elliot Quest (3DS)
  • ACA NeoGeo The King of Fighters ’95 (PS4)
Friday (5/12/17):
  • Human: Fall Flat (Xbox One)
  • Elliot Quest (Xbox One)
  • Demon’s Crystals (Xbox One, PS4)

I was there for Minecraft back in the early Alpha days. I've had a 360, PS3, and PS4 but never bothered with the console version. Now I'm thinking about getting it for my Switch. Just having it on the big screen and portable sounds so nice.

The only thing that catches my eye is NBA Playgrounds and not because it looks good. The art style is repulsive.

Also Minecraft for the Switch seemed promising, but it's so boring. Since there's no story so there's no reason to go mining, no reason to go to the nether, no reason to fight. I get it's supposed to be open world, but it feels useless without a reason.

Also Minecraft for the Switch seemed promising, but it's so boring. Since there's no story so there's no reason to go mining, no reason to go to the nether, no reason to fight. I get it's supposed to be open world, but it feels useless without a reason.
There are things to do in terms of achieving. There is the ultimate goal to fight the ender dragon in the end, which is basically the end of the game and it takes a lot of work to progress there. So there is some form of goal, but it is mainly a 'make your own fun' sort of game.

I was there for Minecraft back in the early Alpha days. I've had a 360, PS3, and PS4 but never bothered with the console version. Now I'm thinking about getting it for my Switch. Just having it on the big screen and portable sounds so nice.
A note of warning that the console versions of Minecraft are quite far behind the PC version in terms of mechanics and items, etc.

A note of warning that the console versions of Minecraft are quite far behind the PC version in terms of mechanics and items, etc.
Yeah, I don't mind that too much. The last time I played a good chunk of Minecraft was back in 2014. TBH, I liked it a bit better when it was simpler. The hunger system has always annoyed me, but it is fun to make a huge farm.

There are things to do in terms of achieving. There is the ultimate goal to fight the ender dragon in the end, which is basically the end of the game and it takes a lot of work to progress there. So there is some form of goal, but it is mainly a 'make your own fun' sort of game.

Most likely because it came out on PC first. So PC will get updates first and then the developers will think about bringing it over to the console versions.

Back