Multi Video Games Release Dates Week (8/6/18+)

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
upload_2017-9-25_0-42-29-png.727

Hey fellow gamers! It's a new month and a new week for more games! Sadly the Switch once again dominates all but there is a new madden for you non-switch players. Whatever opens your wallet, take your pick:

Monday (8/6/18):
  • Loot Monkey: Bling Palace (Switch)
Tuesday (8/7/18):
  • Dead Cells (PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
  • Defenders of Ekron - The Definitive Edition (PS4, Xbox One)
  • Electronauts (PSVR)
  • Flipping Death (PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
  • Hyper Universe (Xbox One)
  • In Between (Switch)
  • Overcooked! 2 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
  • Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2 (Switch)
  • Poop Slinger (PS4)
  • Slam Land (PS4, Switch, PC)
  • Super Blackjack Battle 2 Turbo Edition - The Card Warriors (Switch)
  • Tetra’s Escape (PS4, PS Vita)
  • The Dreamlands: Aisling’s Quest (PS4, PS Vita)
  • Word Search By Powgi (PS4, PS Vita)
Wednesday (8/8/18):
  • Megaton Rainfall (Xbox One)
  • Tetra’s Escape (Xbox One)
  • Unavowed (PC)
Thursday (8/9/18):
  • BlobCar (Switch)
  • City of the Shroud (Xbox One)
  • Megaton Rainfall (Switch)
  • Minit (Switch)
  • Monster Hunter: World (PC)
  • Okami HD (Switch)
  • Shut Eye (Switch)
  • SubaraCity (Switch)
  • The Amazing Shinsengumi: Heroes In Love (Switch)
  • Unexplored (Switch)
Friday (8/10/18):
  • Madden NFL 19 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  • Mini Metro (Switch)
  • Nightmares From The Deep 2: The Siren’s Call (Switch)
  • Tetra’s Escape (Switch)
  • TerraTech (Xbox One)
  • We Happy Few (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Valkyria Chronicles 4 next month yes! Wonder on the PC Spec though, no intel about it yet.

Read Touhou's creator interview from siliconera and famitsu the other day:

Touhou Creator ZUN Talks About How Other Shoot ‘Em Ups Have Influenced The Series

This week’s Famitsu had a special feature on shmups of all sorts, and apart from Ikaruga superfan Yoko Taro, Touhou series creator ZUN was also invited by the Famitsu team for a chill discussion over beer.

Here are the highlights:

On Touhou having curved enemy bullets and such:

Iona, Famitsu staff: “Using the shapes and curves of the enemy bullets to ‘appeal’ to the players has become used a lot as game sequences. Isn’t that exactly one of the characteristics of the Touhou series?”

ZUN, Touhou creator: “It’s embarrassing to say so myself, but I was the first one to do something like that. I started Touhou Project around the time I started playing Battle Garegga. I love shmup games where bullets scatter around easily, and I wanted to make one like that myself, so I did so.”

Dedeo, Famitsu staff: “In Touhou, I saw bullets I’d never seen before, as well as many danmaku shapes I’d never seen before, so I was really surprised.”

ZUN: “I put in things like curving bullets and bullets that would change speed. Those sorts of enemy bullets actually aren’t something you see in other games. I believe it’s because bosses are ‘fighters’ or ‘tanks’.”

Fujikawa, Famitsu staff: “That’s right! Most shoot ‘em ups had a mechanical aesthetic to them.”

Nishikawa, Famitsu staff: “If anything but straight bullets were to come out of a tank, I’d definitely feel confused.”

ZUN: “So I thought, “If humans were to shoot out magic, then anything goes”, and thus the Touhou bosses became humanoid characters.”

On whether ZUN prefers restarting from a checkpoint:

ZUN: Speaking of difficult shmups, Gradius III was seriously hard. I heard from pre-release info that there were going to be 3D stages, and excitedly went to play the game, but I couldn’t even reach the stage. (laughs)

Iona: “Stage 4, I see. If you were able to reach the Moai in Stage 5, people would already call you an expert.”

Hanzomon, Famitsu staff: “That bubble stage was hard…”

ZUN: “Really, they didn’t pull any punches even in Stage 1. Once you were shot down, it would be hard to recover after reviving, and a lot of the time you’d just give up.”

Nishikawa: “If I remember correctly, there were so few powerups that even if you got everything in Stage 2, you couldn’t reach full power…”

Fujikawa: “Speaking of reviving, shmups are usually divided into those that let you restart from the point you died, and those that send you back to a checkpoint. Which type do you like better, ZUN?”

ZUN: “I can say for sure that I like the ones where you revive immediately. The Touhou games basically all use this method. I have never found the appeal in restarting from a checkpoint and preparing yourself for a rematch. (Laughs) I want to continue onwards, so I’ll accept it and go on, but for me, it’s one of the factors that reduces my motivation.”

Read some RE2 remake stuff and DMC 5 stuff from game industry and dualshockers:

RE2 remake:

Resident Evil 2 has received a lot of attention since its reveal at E3 2018, and today Capcom Europe Chief Operating Officer Stuart Turner and Marketing Director Antoine Molant talked about it extensively in an interview on Gamesindustry.

First of all, we hear from Turner why the game features a third-person camera.

“We had discussions on whether we could make a game that was everything for everyone. For those guys who want tank controls and want fixed cameras… can we do that?”

“But the world has moved on and these players have changed. And if we did [introduce old school mechanics], these fans might play it and actually decide it’s not what they wanted after all. But we played around with a few things in development. We did try first-person, we did try fixed camera. But the way the game has been designed, we decided that a third-person view works better.”

That being said, Capcom was certainly not unconcerned about whether the change would be received well by the fans, as explained by Molant.

“That was probably the main worry, or question mark, that we had. We knew there were expectations around the game, and we knew it looked great and would be a good game. But around the point of the tank controls and fixed cameras, we were worried that the fanbase would be divided. But, although there might have been some initial dissenting voices, the reaction was overwhelmingly positive.”

Turner explains that the publisher was concerned about who the game would appeal to, but they’re seeing pre-orders, and they’re “a little taken aback by how well it has gone down.”

Interestingly, Capcom decided against adding the word “remake” to the title, because they want to deliver the message that it’s a major launch like Resident Evil 7 Biohazard. The two games were developed in parallel, so there are currently two separate teams working on mainline games within the franchise.

According to Turner, while Capcom has shareholders to appease, they’re also concerned about the artistic factor. While Resident Evil 6 sold more than its successor, 7 is “completely fine” in terms of profitability, and it was very well received, which is relevant for the publisher.

“In some respects, getting some very good review scores counts as much for Capcom as a game that sells millions and millions and millions. We’d prefer a game that got a 9 and sold less, than got a 6 but sold more.”

That being said, Capcom is currently looking much more at long-term sales compared to the day-one rush. Resident Evil 7 is doing “amazingly” in the long run.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DMC5:

Molant acknowledged that while DMC: Devil May Cry by Ninja Theory was good, it also disappointed some fans, so the development team went back to the drawing board.

“The last game was very good, but there were a few unhappy voices because it wasn’t a direct sequel and other things. Because of that, the dev team sat down and asked: ‘Where do we take that next?’ And it was known that the community wanted Devil May Cry 5 to be closer to 1, 2 and 3. And so the project was born.”

While the current appeal of the hack and slash genre is debatable, the project was greenlit because the fans wanted it.

“We can debate whether that genre has the same appeal as it used to… that’s hard to say. The project was born because of what the fans want.”

According to Turner, while the publisher wouldn’t go too far in doing whatever the fans ask, there is still an underlying element of fan service. Capcom wants to give back to the fans and to support them, within reason.

“It’s fair to say that we are very focused on the audience and the feedback that we get. We have seen some horrible stories in the media recently about publishers bending to the will of the internet. We wouldn’t advocate going that far. But certainly, there is an element of fan service that runs throughout the company.”

“DMC is an example of that. Fans weren’t happy, so, therefore, we went a different way. It’s part of giving back within the remit that we’re still a business, we still need it to sell. We want to give things to the fans, we want to support them, but it has to make sense. So we do it within reason. We don’t listen to the far extremes of the fanbase, shall we say.”

In fact, Molant explains that the project would have never started if it didn’t make sense in terms of business. While the forecasts aren’t crazy, Devil May Cry 5 is still aiming to please a fanbase that is still rather large.

“This project would never have been greenlit if it didn’t make sense business-wise. We rarely have crazy forecasts on any of our games. DMC 5 will please a fanbase that is still quite big.”

Read on Crash Bandicoot's remaster sales in UK, looks like The Brits really like the Bandicoot, as it dominates the UK market for 6 straight weeks and counting:

crash-bandicoot-ds1-670x377-constrain.jpg

For the 31st week of the year and for the sixth straight week in the UK, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy has topped the sales charts. Crash’s reign of terror has now carried over into the first week of August and without any other major releases arriving until early September, it might just stick around for a bit longer.

Last year Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy ranked at the top of UK sales for seven straight weeks. We’ll have to see if it can tie that mark next week.

1 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY PEGI 7+ ACTIVISION
2 LEGO THE INCREDIBLES PEGI 7+ WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
3 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE PEGI 3+ NINTENDO
4 THE CREW 2 PEGI 12+ UBISOFT
5 GRAND THEFT AUTO V PEGI 18+ ROCKSTAR
6 CALL OF DUTY: WWII PEGI 18+ ACTIVISION
7 GOD OF WAR PEGI 18+ SONY COMPUTER ENT.
8 SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY PEGI 7+ NINTENDO
9 JURASSIC WORLD: EVOLUTION PEGI 16+ SOLD OUT SALES & MARKETING
10 MARIO TENNIS ACES PEGI 3+ NINTENDO

Sega's Gamescom 2018 Lineup, should be more intel on VC4 yes! :

• Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (PS4)
  • Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (PS4, PS Vita)
  • Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight (PS4, PS Vita)
  • Team Sonic Racing (PS4, XBO, Switch)
  • Total War: Three Kingdoms (PC)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC)

Saw SquareEnix's gamescom 2018 lineup, but no Left Alive, wonder why no update at all on the Front Mission universe based game.

• Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4, PC)
  • Final Fantasy XIV Online (PS4, PC)
  • Kingdom Hearts III (PS4, Xbox One)
  • Just Cause 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Read Touhou's creator interview from siliconera and famitsu the other day:

Touhou Creator ZUN Talks About How Other Shoot ‘Em Ups Have Influenced The Series

This week’s Famitsu had a special feature on shmups of all sorts, and apart from Ikaruga superfan Yoko Taro, Touhou series creator ZUN was also invited by the Famitsu team for a chill discussion over beer.

Here are the highlights:

On Touhou having curved enemy bullets and such:

Iona, Famitsu staff: “Using the shapes and curves of the enemy bullets to ‘appeal’ to the players has become used a lot as game sequences. Isn’t that exactly one of the characteristics of the Touhou series?”

ZUN, Touhou creator: “It’s embarrassing to say so myself, but I was the first one to do something like that. I started Touhou Project around the time I started playing Battle Garegga. I love shmup games where bullets scatter around easily, and I wanted to make one like that myself, so I did so.”

Dedeo, Famitsu staff: “In Touhou, I saw bullets I’d never seen before, as well as many danmaku shapes I’d never seen before, so I was really surprised.”

ZUN: “I put in things like curving bullets and bullets that would change speed. Those sorts of enemy bullets actually aren’t something you see in other games. I believe it’s because bosses are ‘fighters’ or ‘tanks’.”

Fujikawa, Famitsu staff: “That’s right! Most shoot ‘em ups had a mechanical aesthetic to them.”

Nishikawa, Famitsu staff: “If anything but straight bullets were to come out of a tank, I’d definitely feel confused.”

ZUN: “So I thought, “If humans were to shoot out magic, then anything goes”, and thus the Touhou bosses became humanoid characters.”

On whether ZUN prefers restarting from a checkpoint:

ZUN: Speaking of difficult shmups, Gradius III was seriously hard. I heard from pre-release info that there were going to be 3D stages, and excitedly went to play the game, but I couldn’t even reach the stage. (laughs)

Iona: “Stage 4, I see. If you were able to reach the Moai in Stage 5, people would already call you an expert.”

Hanzomon, Famitsu staff: “That bubble stage was hard…”

ZUN: “Really, they didn’t pull any punches even in Stage 1. Once you were shot down, it would be hard to recover after reviving, and a lot of the time you’d just give up.”

Nishikawa: “If I remember correctly, there were so few powerups that even if you got everything in Stage 2, you couldn’t reach full power…”

Fujikawa: “Speaking of reviving, shmups are usually divided into those that let you restart from the point you died, and those that send you back to a checkpoint. Which type do you like better, ZUN?”

ZUN: “I can say for sure that I like the ones where you revive immediately. The Touhou games basically all use this method. I have never found the appeal in restarting from a checkpoint and preparing yourself for a rematch. (Laughs) I want to continue onwards, so I’ll accept it and go on, but for me, it’s one of the factors that reduces my motivation.”
To be fair, it's next to impossible to see ZUN without beer. 草
But it's really thanks to the unusual bullets that really got me into these games.
And of course the music throughout each and every game.

I'm kind of interested in Okami because people tell me I'd like it, but I really don't want to deal with the cel-shade graphics and the headaches they'd cause. Other than that, nothing for me this week.

You have some inside intel from one of your succubus spies lol?

Usually when I post pc specs its about 3-4 weeks from release.

Saw SquareEnix's gamescom 2018 lineup, but no Left Alive, wonder why no update at all on the Front Mission universe based game.

• Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4, PC)
  • Final Fantasy XIV Online (PS4, PC)
  • Kingdom Hearts III (PS4, Xbox One)
  • Just Cause 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

good to see KH 3 there

I'm kind of interested in Okami because people tell me I'd like it, but I really don't want to deal with the cel-shade graphics and the headaches they'd cause. Other than that, nothing for me this week.

I'm kind of the same but Okami never bothered me.

Saw a fan project recreating KOTOR with Unreal Engine 4, looks good, hopefully it's going to be completed.
KOTOR: Apeiron

Usually when I post pc specs its about 3-4 weeks from release.

Looks like even faster than that, min PC pc spec already revealed. Pretty low except for the HD space. Probably for higher Res Textures for the PC. Hoping for some great Mods with the PC version.
Multi - Valkyria Chronicles 4 Western Release

To be fair, it's next to impossible to see ZUN without beer. 草
But it's really thanks to the unusual bullets that really got me into these games.
And of course the music throughout each and every game.

Yeah he is quite creative with the idea/his take on the genre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another new Langrisser game is teased, hopefully it's not another frickin' mobile game coz it's listed under console on famitsu, gematsu said.

Langrisser series “restart” countdown website launched

Langrisser_08-07-18.jpg

Langrisser-1-ds1-670x377-constrain.jpg

Chara-Ani Corporation has launched a Langrisser countdown website with 15 days on the clock teasing a “restart” for the series in 2018. The countdown will end on August 23 at 12:00 JST.

Langrisser is a strategy RPG series that has sold a total of over one million units worldwide. The first entry launched for Sega Genesis / Mega Drive in 1991.

It is worth noting that Famitsu‘s report on the launch of the teaser website categorizes it under “Console Games.

Langrisser is a cool strategy jrpg with multiple possible endings, like fire emblem.

Some intro and gameplay of the old game:

The opening from the frickin' mobile game that should be for console:

Last edited:
Back