Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
vitaslim.jpg

At it's conference tonight, Sony has announced a new PS Vita model which is slimmer than the current model. Currently Japan only, the new model is 20 percent thinner and 15 percent lighter and has a LCD display in instead of OLED screen. The battery life has been extended by an hour and the model also comes with a gig of internal memory and for it's external memory a new 64 GB memory stick can now be purchased for the VIta.

The 'a more casual and easier to use vita model' comes in the above colors and will be released in Japan on October 10th  for 18,980 Yen which comes out to be about $200 USD.

Again, no info on it being localize.

3DWaffle1 said:
I still have no interest in the device yet. Sony has announced a couple of new Vita devices, and one aims to bring the portable to the big screen.  It seems Sony want us to spend more money.  We keep on buy new devices and systems add on.
Er, it's a new model eh, only lighter? Not a new add-on or device for the Vita.

There is the PS Vita Slim (pictured above).

But Sony also announced the PS Vita TV... 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ata90Y92UeI

I won't be getting the Vita Slim since I already have a regular Vita. Though that 64GB memory card sounds like a good plan. (I'll have more space for Instant Game Collection games from PS Plus.)

I'm not really interested in the Slim version of the Vita. The memory cards are expensive compared to SD cards.

Back