Vita

I must say that I'm very pleasantly surprised by its price, especially since I've been so accustomed to Sony overpricing their game consoles at launch. At $249 for the Wi-Fi model, the Vita's price clearly rivals the 3DS and I foresee a very close competition between the Vita and the 3DS in the near future. In my opinion, Nintendo made a rather big mistake by giving the 3DS such a steep price, which made it much less affordable than its predecessors. Perhaps Sony has finally learned the lesson (that took a while, though)? That said, I am most definitely impressed by the Vita overall (especially its amazing graphics), and I can't for it to hit stores!

I must say that I'm very pleasantly surprised by its price, especially since I've been so accustomed to Sony overpricing their game consoles at launch. At $249 for the Wi-Fi model, the Vita's price clearly rivals the 3DS and I foresee a very close competition between the Vita and the 3DS in the near future. In my opinion, Nintendo made a rather big mistake by giving the 3DS such a steep price, which made it much less affordable than its predecessors. Perhaps Sony has finally learned the lesson (that took a while, though)? That said, I am most definitely impressed by the Vita overall (especially its amazing graphics), and I can't for it to hit stores!

I totally agree. And the price is exactly why the 3DS won't simple dominate the market the way they did in the past. The original psp was a higher price and came out a year later. This Vita is still late in terms of years. But the good thing is the price is directly in line with the 3DS.

And as you said, Sony finally realize it's about price just as much as it's about tech.

I totally agree. And the price is exactly why the 3DS won't simple dominate the market the way they did in the past. The original psp was a higher price and came out a year later. This Vita is still late in terms of years. But the good thing is the price is directly in line with the 3DS.

And as you said, Sony finally realize it's about price just as much as it's about tech.

Indeed. Also, it's good that Sony is finally giving Nintendo some tough fight because we as consumers have much to gain from a tight competition between the two handhelds. The closer competition between the 3DS and the Vita could well lead to a price war in the future, which would in turn bring about price reduction, software/hardware improvements and re-designs sooner than we had previously expected.

I confess I was expecting a much higher price as Sony have accustomed us (all of you probably remember how much the PS3 cost at launch xD), especially when taking into account how much better the Vita is compared to the PSP. It really looks like they learned from the PSP Go's pricing mistake and it's nice to see Sony at least try to battle Nintendo in the mobile scene for a change. Will Microsoft follow suit (yes, I'm ignoring their Windows Phone 7 XBox Live efforts)?

So, fair price, great system, great graphics, backwards compatibility with PSP games (which get upscaled graphically and some even take advantage of the Vita's new features)... I'm gonna get a Vita instead of a 3DS, I guess, just like how I got a PSP instead of a DS.

I'm lovin' the touch screens and the amazing new features it has. ;) Hopefully I can get my hands on one of these babies soon.

Back