Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The wait over, Windows 7 is here. Kinda. Today, Microsoft made Release Candidate 1 (RC1), their full-blown Windows 7 beta, available to the public. Unlike the earlier betas, RC1 is considered to be a near-perfect trial run of what Windows 7 will look like when it ships later this year. Awe, just when we were getting used to Vista adding that perfect level of stress and tension to our lives!

Here's a quick rundown of things you should know to get the maximum Windows 7 RC1 experience:

Official System Requirements
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

- 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)

- DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

Back That Thang Up
Microsoft recommends that you back up all the important crap on your system before you upgrade to RC1. Ideally, they also suggest that you run Release Candidate on a secondary computer rather than your primary one.

Expiration Date
RC1, much like chocolate milk, carries a "best if used by" date. On March 1st, 2010, the beta will begin to shut itself down, much like our digestion system after drinking week old Nestle Quick. Then, on June 1st, 2010, the program will expire completely and become unusable.

more here

I try 7 out when I get a new computer since it seem to be a hassle to back up all my data, settings, and configs, and it expire in a year.

Its probably for the partitioning you would be doing, and its just to make sure you dont mess it up, I have partitioned my drive a few times without messing anything up

QUOTE (Stosh @ May 06, 2009 03:35 pm) Its probably for the partitioning you would be doing, and its just to make sure you dont mess it up, I have partitioned my drive a few times without messing anything up
I once accidently messed up my drive by making the partitions too big when installing Mandrake linux in 2002. I rather just get a cheap 80GB or above drive to install a seperate OS on my PC.

Ah, I dunno really, Im just comfortable in editing stuff like that I guess.

Back