Website is down during the day

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I check the site around lunchtime (1 PM EST) each day and it's randomly down at times. Maybe this is due to the new host? It was down earlier today for me.

I was on at 1PM EST and it was up fine. What browser are you using?

I have the forum monitored by a up/down site and it hasn't alerted me to any downtime since I moved hosts. Sooo it appears our new hosting doesn't like you very much :p

But lets get this resolved. What browser are you using and are you having issues with any other websites?

Down this morning again around 8am EAT. I'll check the down for me site. Using Chrome on and Android phone and this is the only site that doesn't work.

Down this morning again around 8am EAT. I'll check the down for me site. Using Chrome on and Android phone and this is the only site that doesn't work.

what is the exact message that comes up when the page fails to load? if you could screen shot it that be great.

Also try doing this:

go to a search bar on your windows, type in cmd, right click on the option saying Run as Administrator and then type in ipconfig /flushdns

then hit enter (note there is a space between g /)

what is the exact message that comes up when the page fails to load? if you could screen shot it that be great.

Also try doing this:

go to a search bar on your windows, type in cmd, right click on the option saying Run as Administrator and then type in ipconfig /flushdns

then hit enter (note there is a space between g /)
He's using Chrome on an Android phone (or maybe he made a typo) so cmd isn't available.

He's using Chrome on an Android phone (or maybe he made a typo) so cmd isn't available.

might be the fact I quickly read that at 1 AM after a long day and wasn't clearly understanding it ^^;

but yeah, benoit489 benoit489, if you could just tell me what the error message that pops up says I like to think that clear things up quickly.

Seems to be just an issue on my end. Down for everyone or just me says it's just me. The error I get is the generic chrome error.

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-09-01%2Bat%2B11.14.03%2BPM.png

That screenshot is really small.
And yes, this screen will tell us nothing.
Just what is your general internet speed (upload and download)? What is your ISP? Did you check your router (in case of 3G or 4G, do you have a decent reach)?

One way to answer most questions:
6552472933.png

Seems to be just an issue on my end. Down for everyone or just me says it's just me. The error I get is the generic chrome error.

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-09-01%2Bat%2B11.14.03%2BPM.png
If you're coming from Google, try bookmarking Gaming Latest instead and come directly to the site. I normally get a connection refused by Google on my iPad at times when visiting random sites. Could be an issue with Google.

Thanks for the image, it allowed me to track down a possible fix and if you could please try this:

It's basically having you go into chrome and turn the data saver option off.

and going on from Marc, try book marking the link directly if you would: Gaming Latest - PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Video Game Forum

But it does seem that error message does come from a DNS thing, if the video doesn't work let me know and I'll research further into this.

Sorry guys, the example I posted was just a screenshot I found online. I believe the actual error I get says something about a connection reset. This usually happens when I'm on LTE, but it is only this site that is affected. Netflix and YouTube run in HD for me and every other website works so I don't believe it is a speed issue. Data saver is also off.

Sorry guys, the example I posted was just a screenshot I found online. I believe the actual error I get says something about a connection reset. This usually happens when I'm on LTE, but it is only this site that is affected. Netflix and YouTube run in HD for me and every other website works so I don't believe it is a speed issue. Data saver is also off.
So it isn't Google like in the screenshot?

You could try this (might be WiFi only) - Android Configuration instructions for OpenDNS

I have that happen to my own phone when connecting to sites on like a bad wifi area or something like that. Have you really cleaned out your phone like run scans to remove any junk on it and fully clear your browser?

I've narrowed it down to happening when I'm on LTE, Wi-Fi seems to be fine so far. I've cleared history and there shouldn't be too much junk on this phone since it is fairly new.

Back