What category of electronics are most expensive?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Most car electronics like car stereos and GPS systems seem to cost a lot especially if you buy them from a car dealer's repair and car modification shops.

Official car touchscreen tablets, GPS, backup cameras, parking sensors, safety features like automatic braking and lane keep assist, and loud car speaker sound systems for cars can cost many hundreds to thousands of dollars to buy and install at a car dealers.

I feel car electronics from the official car dealers which sell new cars can be overpriced where buyers pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for a touchscreen tablet, and other car electronics.

I don't car about any of that. As long as my car runs, I'm happy. :grin:

I also don't care about fancy electronics in a car, and am happy as long as a car runs. A simple FM radio would be important for when there is a snow storm, rock slides, and earthquake, so the local radio stations can warn cars to stay off the road, and which roads are closed.

Listening to free FM radio is also nice.

when you start throwing in touch screens, thats adding a good extra $200 to anything.

2K and 4K and higher resolution touchscreens can be expensive as well. I feel high resolution 4K and higher resolution computer monitors can be very expensive.

Stuff related to car are always expensive and if you introduce electronics in that mix, my god....too much.
You could probably get the spare parts cheaper online, but fixing it again would be another thing.

Stuff related to car are always expensive and if you introduce electronics in that mix, my god....too much.
You could probably get the spare parts cheaper online, but fixing it again would be another thing.

Finding a good car mechanic to install electronics on a car can also be very expensive.

Finding a good car mechanic to install electronics on a car can also be very expensive.
I agree and not to mention that the warranty becomes void if you use some other local mechanic and not the original showroom servicing center.
It's a pain to actually keep track of all this.

Back