Other What Do We Think On A New Atari Console

I think they're a little too late for this train. The last console they had got crushed by SEGA and Nintendo. Unless they make a first party game made of gold, it won't sell well. Other wise they'll only have third party games that you can get on any other system.

Very true , but stranger things happen they might have something untapped , they cant match sony and micro BUT really that leaves nintendo and it looks like they are going the half handheld half console route , Atari said its PC based so i have a feeling it may be the gaming pc route or some sort of console version.

As much as I would love to see them bring something new to the table, I feel like their boat has sailed. I just don't think there is room for a fourth major console. Console gaming has been divided into thirds with Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft firmly holding onto their demographics. With them around, there is no one else to appeal to. If someone is feeling particularly picky, they're left with the option of building a gaming PC.

Remember the Ouya? Yeah, no one else does either. That is the fate of anyone who tries to enter the console market at this point.

Yeah, they must be crazy or something, you can't get another console into the market. Though if their console aimed at bringing back classic gaming they could have an edge.

Not sure how I feel about this. It would be pretty awesome if it was a retro console. But me thinks they want to get into the market to compete with the big three.

Yeah, they must be crazy or something, you can't get another console into the market. Though if their console aimed at bringing back classic gaming they could have an edge.

100% agree. Unless they completely focus on classic games or retro type, I honestly don't see why they are even bothering and investing money into developing this new console. How on earth can they compete with Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo? Even in the past they never could.

I mean it is hard to judge just from this trailer since it literally shows nothing at all in regards to the actual console but we will see. I think that they're either very dumb or have some hidden genius plan to amaze us all - I am afraid it is the first option though.

Are they really gonna invest and even risk going bust if they dont have a plan , i think we will all be amazed im not saying its gonna take over but to even take 10% of the market these days is a win .

100% agree. Unless they completely focus on classic games or retro type, I honestly don't see why they are even bothering and investing money into developing this new console. How on earth can they compete with Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo? Even in the past they never could.

I mean it is hard to judge just from this trailer since it literally shows nothing at all in regards to the actual console but we will see. I think that they're either very dumb or have some hidden genius plan to amaze us all - I am afraid it is the first option though.

I'm willing to bet its a console to play all their old classic stuff on one system.

I think the older generation of gamers would definitely get it for the nostalgia factor. I hope it does well. It would be awesome to see Atari back in the console market.

Wait, will this be with cartridges again? If so, bring it on!! Cartridges load soo much faster than CD's and don't get damaged (as easily). I think with the rise of the Nintendo Switch, this is to be expected from those older, other games console developers to come out with something of their own. What with the gaming industry growing to phenomenal levels and hasn't shown any signs of peeking and slowing down. So this will be really awesome I think. Well, they will need to make sure they work with new UHD 4K TV's and all of that but they could probably take a good share of the market to warrant them doing it and make it worthwhile too. If the games that they have on it are good though but yeah, if cartridges that would be so cool and so retro but also modernized as well. Is is with cartridges can anyone confirm?

Back