What do you think of people who use windows 7....

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
I still use windows 7 but most of the people I know commented a lot about it. Well, I like my custom anime themes a lot and there aren't that many attractive custom itachi themes for windows 10 and windows 8.1
So, what are your opinion about this?

If one relies on Windows, use Windows 7 as long as possible.
I think it's really the only decent version of Windows ever released.

If one can live with open source alternatives, and cares about convenient use, I can recommend Linux as much as possible (or macOS if you're an old timer refusing to learn the very basics of computers, or if you're a software developer that relies on both a UNIX-like environment AND all Adobe software).

Here, you can see offices and school laboratory who still use Windows 7. Because they said it's the most stable version of windows 7. I think there are still much need improvements on windows 10. Tho for me windows 10 UI is far much better than windows 7. But people who still use W7, I don't think there is something wrong with them.

I would love to use W7 right now, but sadly every time I try and install it on a laptop it never runs right.

Here, you can see offices and school laboratory who still use Windows 7. Because they said it's the most stable version of windows 7. I think there are still much need improvements on windows 10. Tho for me windows 10 UI is far much better than windows 7. But people who still use W7, I don't think there is something wrong with them.
The problem with Windows 10's stability is that it's too unpredictable.
Instead of having 1 major release every few years, Windows 10 gets 2 big updates per year, which are also very poorly tested most of the time.

I actually disagree with Windows 10 UI, it's the most inconsistent UI system I've ever seen on a commercial OS.
There's the Win32 UI for all Windows 7 and earlier apps, Metro UI for all Windows 8 apps, Modern UI for all Windows 8.1 apps, UWP UI for all old Windows 10 apps, and Fluent UI for all new Windows 10 apps.

Each UI works differently, resulting in some apps having a menu bar beneath the title bar, some having on the top of the window, some having hidden inside a hamburger menu on the left, some requiring to pull one from the right, and some having it as part of the title bar.
And some apps use all lowercase, and some using a capitalised letter at the first word.

Windows 10 even comes with 2 completely different control panel apps (classic and modern), and neither has all configurations in 1 place, so you must use both in order to configure everything.

And... I complete agree with everything what you said. UI is stable and I noticed that, it's just the modern style of it that I liked.

Windows 10 even comes with 2 completely different control panel apps (classic and modern), and neither has all configurations in 1 place, so you must use both in order to configure everything.

This. Well said.

Windows 7 users who still use Windows 7 probably prefer Windows 7 because it is the last version of Windows which does not come with a mobile user interface and design which can be confusing, and look weird on a desktop PC.

I feel Windows 7 is one of the best Windows operating system for Desktop PC users who don't use a touchscreen monitor if your computer has 4GB or more RAM, and a faster CPU. But, Windows 7 is not very good on computers with less RAM, and a slower CPU in my experience. The visual effects in Windows 7 may slow down your computer if your video card is older and slower. I prefer the Windows 7 startmenu and window design. Windows 7 also comes with less bundled software and apps like Windows 8 and 10 which comes with apps like news and weather, and the Xbox Gamebar in Windows 10.

Windows 8 and 10 may have better performance for slower computers because Windows 8 and 10 are designed to run at a usable speed even on slower tablets like those cheap tablets with 2GB or less RAM, and a dual-core Intel Atom CPU.

Actually, Windows 7 was the first Windows NT-based OS to support touch screen input natively.
Before that they already implemented it into Windows CE, which was a kernel only for smartphone.

If I get a new laptop it probably wouldn't support windows 7.
Everything is changing....well, windows 10 isn't half bad but then again...I like old stuff xD

Actually, Windows 7 was the first Windows NT-based OS to support touch screen input natively.
Before that they already implemented it into Windows CE, which was a kernel only for smartphone.

I remember there were Windows CE portable digital assistants. But, Windows CE never seem very popular because of a lack of apps, and mobile devices were less popular in the past because mobile internet, and free Wi-Fi was not very popular in the past.

I think Windows 7 did come out with a Windows 7 tablet and touchscreen laptops in the past, but they were not very popular.

There were also Windows XP touchscreen laptop which came with a Stylus pen which had hand writing recognition, and drawing ability, but they were also not very popular. I think Windows XP touchscreen laptops were also less popular than small laptops also called netbooks seem more popular.

Windows XP required a separate driver for each specific screen, which is why I left that one out.
And Windows Mobile was somehow popular back when smartphones was only for business (only BlackBerry and Symbian was more popularity).

To each their own, I don't judge. Unless you are using Vista.

I wonder why they still do that

I think the library is still using Vista because they don't want to re-train their staff, and PC users who only used Vista because they only use Vista at the library.

The library may still be using some older software, and Intenet Explorer ActiveX which work best on Vista. Upgrading PCs to Windows 7 may also cost a lot of money which the library can't afford.

Anyway, most facilities that still use Vista has old staff (or so from what I have observed) that will be more confused if computers had been upgraded to much newer. Alot of people don't know what Linux is, even some of IT students I know don't know linux is.

Anyway, most facilities that still use Vista has old staff (or so from what I have observed) that will be more confused if computers had been upgraded to much newer. Alot of people don't know what Linux is, even some of IT students I know don't know linux is.

This is true that there maybe some computer users will be confused if the computer is upgraded to a newer OS like Windows 7 to 10. Windows Vista maybe the newest operating system some computers use on a daily basis because Windows 7 was not a huge upgrade from Vista, and if your computer has 4GB of RAM of RAM, and a faster CPU, Vista can run at a usable speed, so they may not feel the need to upgrade to 7 and newer OSes.

Linux is rarely shown on TV, newspapers, etc, so fewer people know about it compared to Windows and Apple OS X which is more often shown on TV, newspapers, and other media sources.

Back