What do you think of slow pre-built computers sold with slow CPU being with 8GB of RAM?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel slow computers with a slow CPU like Intel i3 and Celeron are not worth buying even if the slow computer comes with 8GB of RAM.

There is also a chance that the RAM will be set to a slower speed, and lower quality and less reliable, so it would break sooner than higher quality RAM which is also faster.

Some of the slower PC with a slow CPU, and video card and 8GB of RAM can be kind of costly, and not worth the $400-500.

Buyers would have a better computer if they build one with parts, or buy a faster computer which is custom built by a computer store which build custom computers for customers.

We sell one at work that is a Lanovo brand that has like 4 or 6 GB of ram, 128 GB SSD and a Pentium processor. Pretty much dead out of the box if you ask me.

We sell one at work that is a Lanovo brand that has like 4 or 6 GB of ram, 128 GB SSD and a Pentium processor. Pretty much dead out of the box if you ask me.

The 128gb SDD will fill up fast after installing a few big programs, and Pentium CPU are not as fast as they used to be.

The 128gb SDD will fill up fast after installing a few big programs, and Pentium CPU are not as fast as they used to be.

yeah on my new laptop, the 128GB SSD was the main one and I just loaded it up, and installed all the windows updates and nothing else (except for some bloatware) and already the PC told me I was nearly out of space.

yeah on my new laptop, the 128GB SSD was the main one and I just loaded it up, and installed all the windows updates and nothing else (except for some bloatware) and already the PC told me I was nearly out of space.

Running disk cleanup sometimes free up a lot of space.

It's disapointing that bloatware and updates use up a lot of space.

Back