What ruins a movie instantly for you?

Heatman

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
What's that which would happen in a movie that's going to have it ruined for you immediately and it's going to make you not have any interest in watching the movie ever again?

Does it have to do with the plot, characters, soundtracks, or settings of the movie?

For me, it's when someone talks through the entire movie and not letting me enjoy it. Or when someone reveals the plot/ending before I've seen the whole thing.

For me, it's when someone talks through the entire movie and not letting me enjoy it. Or when someone reveals the plot/ending before I've seen the whole thing.
A lot of people hate spoilers when it comes to the movies they watch. It kills their interest in seeing it through.

I will say a romance scene at the beginning is one. I don't like nudity in movies as it turns me off when I am watching that kind of movie.

I feel if a movie has a plot which promotes discrimination like ageism, racism and sexism as being acceptable, I would not watch the movie.

Bad actors or bad humor.

I feel if a movie has a plot which promotes discrimination like ageism, racism and sexism as being acceptable, I would not watch the movie.
Some movies actually do well with plot on those subject. Have you watched Hotel Rwanda or Sometimes in April?

Actors I don't recognize. Poor writing. Too much talking in the movie with no action. Spoiling half the movie because I remembered what happened in the trailer.

Bad characterizations is the height of it. A very good example is when they used Kevin Hart as Cyrus, to play a good thief and leader of the heist crew in the movie Lift. This was a terrible idea. Kevin Hart is a clown and a joker. This is not a role he's best suited to play.

Back