What site do you use to compare phones?

Westwood

Full GL Member
Credits
While I'm not yet shopping for a new phone, that's probably going to happen in 1-2 years, so I'd like to know what site do you guys prefer to use when comparing new phones in order to make the decision?

I mainly just use YouTube to search for reviews on phones, and other stuff.

I'll just use google and what it brings up.

I'll just use google and what it brings up.

Same for me, I mostly use Google, and other search engines to find reviews on stuff I want to buy.

Amazon user reviews, and user reviews on other sites like Bestbuy, Walmart, and Newegg are useful as well.

I like to use http://www.phonearena.com. It gives a nice way to compare the different phones, and get a side-by-side view of the phone specs, like CPU, screen size, battery, etc. That way I can see what each phone has, and able to see which one would be best for me. When I narrow it down to a couple phones, I like to see reviews on YouTube to see how each phone looks, and what it has for unique features.

http://gsmarena.com is best site to compare phones in my opinion, just have two tabs side by side and check the differences, that's how I do it everytime I'm in doubt.
It's also a good idea to check reviews online and on Youtube. See people "play" with the phone you want and check if it's up to your standards and you feel like it's worth the money, nowadays phones from a few years ago are still amazing and they don't seem to age down. You probably don't need an S7 Edge 128GB when you only want to play basic games and text.

GSMArena is by far my favorite and in my opinion the best source for phone news and spec sheet listings, they also make great reviews and most models have a 360 degree view option so you can view the entire phone at any angle, which is a neat feature. YouTubers like Marques Brownlee, Android Authority and Pocketnow do good, quality phone reviews so I always head there for additional information.

Also, while its not the only place you should look (because at the end of the day they're just trying to sell you the product) the manufacturer's official page/site for that phone is also a nice place to look, as there you will probably find the most important and noteworthy features of the device.

Well, amazon.
Sometimes flipkart. I don't usually compare phones all that much and I don't follow the latest tech news regarding them either.

I mainly use YouTube, Reddit, Engadget, Gizmodo, and tech blogs to compare phones.

I use mainly GSMArena to compare different phones. It lists all the specs of the phone side by side.

GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more... is best site to compare phones in my opinion, just have two tabs side by side and check the differences, that's how I do it everytime I'm in doubt.
It's also a good idea to check reviews online and on Youtube. See people "play" with the phone you want and check if it's up to your standards and you feel like it's worth the money, nowadays phones from a few years ago are still amazing and they don't seem to age down. You probably don't need an S7 Edge 128GB when you only want to play basic games and text.

neat site, thanks for sharing.

Back