What type of games are you fed up with?

Zoey

Full GL Member
Credits
With the constant development of games, the genres have also expanded quite a lot. We have anywhere from scary, horror, sci-fi, RPG, FPS, MMO, MOBA, sports, racing, and more. There's plenty to pick from but sometimes there's a specific genre of games that simply gets overflown with new releases - a perfect example for me is the racing type games.

There seems to be so, so many of them. Just from the top of my head - you have the Need for Speed franchise, Forza, Motorsport, F1, Crew, Cars, Dirt Rally, Grid and more. To me, it seems like every month you get a new racing game. The real problem though as to why I am so fed up with this genre is that none of them actually make anything new, anything unique or innovative. They just change the tracks, add new music, new car models and tada! I won't even speak about the pricing.

So, join in my little rant and tell me what type of games are you fed up with? Is there any genre that you just had enough? Any franchise?

I'm not really fed up with any particular genre or franchise, because I know that they all have an audience who enjoys them. As long as people play them and have a good time, I don't care if companies keep churning them out.

However, there is a recent trend in gaming which I'm fed up with and that is games which are still in their Alpha state. More than anything my issue is with many of the developers behind them. You have the developer which constantly works on a game in Alpha, but wants to put it out so they can work with the community to give people what they want. This is a good developer. Then you have those which put out a moderately playable game that looks like it would have potential, it sells decently, and then the developer never finishes or so much as updates the game. This, this is a bad developer. And there are a whole lot of them.

Well, ignoring the obvious (lazy asset flips and ripoffs on Steam and mobile app stores), I'm getting kind of sick of indie 2D platformers myself.

That's because it's basically become the go to genre for beginner game developers wanting to 'express themselves' and we're absolutely littered with these titles on digital stores. Add how many of them seem to think 'retro' means 'put as little effort into the aesthetics as possible' and 'difficult' means 'wasn't the unfairness of the NES era fun?' and I'll be quite to happy to see this trend die off.

I agree. Racing games have not changed since the 70s. It's the same old format of starting with a crappy (albeit balanced) car, and you have to win games in order to either upgrade the car or purchase an entirely new one. The only change through the years is the realism of both the driving mechanics and the look; where people these days can't even see the difference between real life racing and gaming screenshots.

It'll be MOBA games, the most toxic community, people is too serious about this kind of repetitive game. At first I play this kind of game but now, nah.

I like search well before playing games so I go for interesting games but I'm tired of horror games,there are annoying lately

Racing and wrestling games, haven't played any in years. I tried Forza Horizon 3 and it was very fun but I couldn't get the motivation to skip other games to play racing games. And wrestling games suck now.

It'll be MOBA games, the most toxic community, people is too serious about this kind of repetitive game. At first I play this kind of game but now, nah.

This also goes for any multiplayer game. You should check out the games which allow players to use a mic. Such exquisite language they use...

multi ending games that force you to redo everything, I don't want to replay the same stuff again.

To be fair, most of em give you a lot of save slots for that reason. So you don't have to redo everything from the very beginning. Then there are games like Radiant Historia that let you see all the endings in the same playthrough I think?

Battle Royale games. I enjoy PUBG and Fortnite, but man do I not want every other shooter trying to half ass there own version

I'm not really fed up with any particular game or anything but I've never been a fan of first-person shooters or anything like that. I know a lot of people that play them but I never could get into them.

I am fed up of racing games. They are kinds boring to me now.
I have been playing for some years and finally I got tired of them.

The only racing game that I have continued to play over the years is the Mario Kart series. I had a lot of fun playing that game with my brothers when we were kids so a lot of times I'll play it for nostalgic reasons even if I don't have anyone else to play the game with.

Back