What was the first game that you trully loved?

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
What was the first video game that you truly loved? The first video game that has stuck in your memory and had an impact upon your life at the time you discovered it?

There are a few.

The original Street fighter 2 for Super nes was a game changer. I got this reputation to be the best player around. Tons of kids would challenge me. Sometimes I'd even be setup to go to a total strangers house to play them. It was awesome.

There have been a few with me as well, I believe the first was Megaman X for being such a fun jumper and gunner game. The next being Perfect Dark for truly letting me enjoy a game and being a true challenge and then Final Fantasy 7 for such a fun and engaging story.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past was probably my first gaming love. I can't even guess at how many times I played through that game in my childhood.

Super Mario 64 for me. I remember when I first played it when I was 3 years old and just loving it. Even though I had the original Super Mario Brothers before that, I was always more fond of SM64.

Grand Theft Auto Vice City. I didn't have a console back then but my cousin had it on the PS2. Literally would go over to her place just for that. The rule was, if one of us died, the other person got a go. It was so much fun driving around, doing whatever the hell I wanted :grin:

250px-Super_Mario_Bros._box.png

I know this probably makes me old but my parents bought the original NES for the whole family to be able to play. So this was my first taste in playing video games. However, my favorite game of all time was probably.....

51AFyN2ipSL._AC_US160_.jpg

My dad had a Gameboy that he won I a raffle at work, but the only games that came with it were Tetris and Dr Mario. I had fun with them, but that was about it. I had a friend come over and he brought his GB games. He let me play Link's Awakening and I was blown away that there was this whole world with its own regions and inhabitants and story to experience on this little cart. That game was the dawn of my fascination with video games and I still cherish it to this day.

Grand Theft Auto : Vice City. Literally went to my cousins place every week just so I could play this game on the PS2. This was when I was about 6 or 7 I think, and the fact that there was a game where I could anything was just amazing. I mostly just drove around to be honest :grin:

Grand Theft Auto : Vice City. Literally went to my cousins place every week just so I could play this game on the PS2. This was when I was about 6 or 7 I think, and the fact that there was a game where I could anything was just amazing. I mostly just drove around to be honest :grin:
Glad to see nothing has changed over the past 2 weeks. ;)

Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg

How I didn't notice I already posted in this thread I will never know lol :grin::grin:
Don't feel bad. After the switch between Gaming Reinvented to here I posted in a topic that said I didn't post in and it turns out I did like a year or so earlier.

Reactions: Ash
Ok, I know this sounds twisted, but the first game I really got into was Mortal Kombat series. The first game I really loved....has to be City of Heroes. That was my game...I loved it so much and wish they had never shut it down.

Back