Whats happening with Square Enix?

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
They really seem to be cutting down their production of Western games - seems they are focusing too much on Final Fantasy and their contract with Marvel. Just recently they have shut down United Front Games (the guys behind Sleeping Dogs), put the Deus Ex series on the shelf and just today have announced they are looking to sell IO Interactive, the people who make the Hitman series (who were working on a season 2 for the recent game).

Seems they are ruining a lot of great IP they have - better hope the new Tomb Raider game does well or it could follow in a similar fashion. It is quite annoying to me.

They are a RPG company, stick to the roots I say. Better yet drop the Enix and please go back to being Squaresoft!

They are a RPG company, stick to the roots I say. Better yet drop the Enix and please go back to being Squaresoft!
Although Final Fantasy is a big part of their history worldwide the titles I mentioned in the OP are also huge hits for the company in the past and I feel like they are making a huge mistake by dropping them.

Although Final Fantasy is a big part of their history worldwide the titles I mentioned in the OP are also huge hits for the company in the past and I feel like they are making a huge mistake by dropping them.

It could be that they are selling them off to fund future FF titles and make up for past FF failures.

Back