What's your favorite music genre and favorite artists?

I've been listening to music for as long as I can remember. My favorite genres are rock and techno, but I can listen to anything that's not country (unless it's late 90's - early 2000's country) or heavy rap. Like I can do some rap, but I can't listen to it very long and some I can't tolerate, especially when I can't understand the lyrics. I also don't like dubstep anymore. I used to be big on it in 2012, but after listening to so much it just gives me migraines.

My favorite band of all time is Queen followed by the Beatles. I don't have a favorite techno artist, but I did listen to a lot of S3RL. I'll post my favorite songs by each.

(Not my favorite, but there is like no Beatles on YouTube. :/)

This is a song I found a year ago and I love it. It's nightcore, which I don't normally like, but there's something about it I love.

I'd probably say my favourite genre of music is anything that can be considered hardstyle, UK hardcore, dutch hardcore/gabber, frenchcore, psycore, and so on, such as:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hard time with knowing what genre I like. I guess alternative?

But the kind of music I like is usually mellow, flowing, pretty, moody, atmospheric, and reflective. Thats the best way I can think of to describe what kind of music I like, haha. I like music I can get lost in. Some of my favorite bands are Pinback, Three Mile Pilot, Systems Officer, Mogwai, Sigur Ros, Radiohead, Joy Division, Sonic Youth, (some) Modest Mouse, The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, Bon Iver, Tv on the Radio.... I dunno cant think of anything else atm : p

And I got into music at an early age. My parents spent alot of time listening to stuff on Mtv and VH1 when I was a young child, so I got to hear alot of different music growing up. In fact, I remember being really into that song Thunder Crashes by live, haha. I would sing along with it and everything.

And my all time favorite musician is bass guitarist/ pianist Armistead Burwell Smith, who plays and writes music for Pinback, Three Mile Pilot and Systems Officer. He plays bass guitar using full chord progressions, and has written alot of really nice songs.

This is one of my favorites from his band Three Mile Pilot-

Oh yeah, until a few days ago, I forgot I also listen to a lot of ambient music. I started listening to it in high school. It's really not for everyone, but it helps calm me down and it helps me write.

This one is sad, but it's one of my favorites.

This was actually the first ambient song I heard back when I found it on Grooveshark. It always made me think of the Postman from Majora's Mask.

This is one I found recently through iHeartRadio. The trumpet portions remind me of Summers from Earthbound.

Oh yeah, until a few days ago, I forgot I also listen to a lot of ambient music. I started listening to it in high school. It's really not for everyone, but it helps calm me down and it helps me write.

Oh, I really liked the first one, the Red House Painters one. Especially when the lazy bass kicked in : p And I really like the singer, too. Definitely the kind of singer I like, the calm and quiet kind that just use their voice to add to the song rather than being the center of attention in a song. It was a way good song.

Have you ever heard of Mogwai? You might like them, they play atmospheric music, most of it is instrumental, and its definitely the kind of music you can get lost in.

You should check this track out-

They make use of guitar distortion sometimes, but its not like a constant noisy mess like some rock band : p I think its a cool way to accent a song, just kicking it on for a small part of a song and then returning to normal.
(minute long intro of the daughter of a band member talking about the band btw)

Oh, I really liked the first one, the Red House Painters one. Especially when the lazy bass kicked in : p And I really like the singer, too. Definitely the kind of singer I like, the calm and quiet kind that just use their voice to add to the song rather than being the center of attention in a song. It was a way good song.

Have you ever heard of Mogwai? You might like them, they play atmospheric music, most of it is instrumental, and its definitely the kind of music you can get lost in.

You should check this track out-

They make use of guitar distortion sometimes, but its not like a constant noisy mess like some rock band : p I think its a cool way to accent a song, just kicking it on for a small part of a song and then returning to normal.
(minute long intro of the daughter of a band member talking about the band btw)
Ooooh. I really love it. I also love how it goes from nice and soft and then it gets heavy, and back down again. Powerful emotions.

I like indie rock I guess and my favorite bands are Of Monsters And Men who are icelandic and make folk rock/indie pop and Paramore but I think everyone knows them. I've liked Paramore for many years now.

I tend to listen to rock or metal. I don't listen to the heavy metal where the singer is growling at you. That isn't really music to me. If I want to listen to growling, I'll just listen to my dog growl at me.

favorite music genre is 'Lo-fi hip hop'. Its like smooth instrumental music that you can study/relax to.
favorite artist would be the late Nujabes (Jun Seba), the one that produced background music from the anime titled 'Samurai Champloo', if any of you have heard of it.

I've always been a punk guy, and some of the indie stuff you have to get the appeal that it's supposed to "suck". I also like some weird indie stuff like Joan of Arc and My Bloody Valentine.

So many to list, but I will start off with Celine Dion, Taylor Swift, Delta Goodrem, Dido, The Corrs and more.

Back