What's your favorite type of video game?

cpvr

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I'm a huge fan of sports games, racing games and shooting games, so these are my favorite types of video games that I like to play. But, what's your favorite type of video game?

Platformers like Mario and Sonic and action/adventure games like Legend of Zelda. I like the occasional rpg, but it's not my favorite.

My favorite games are RPGs and Visual Novels because I like the story and characters. I like to be made to feel something when I play a game, and get "attached" to the characters, come to care about them and what happens to them, watch them grow, change, evolve, find love, experience pain, suffering, sadness, struggle, and then eventually (hopefully) overcome their hardships and "live happily ever after". In a way, it's a form of escapism for me I guess, since I'm pretty solitary, quiet, and lonely most of the time. Living the life of another character lets me escape my own troubles for awhile. And no form of entertainment, be it movie, or book, can immerse in quite the same way as a game, especially an RPG or Visual Novel where choice and consequence are vital (not all RPGs use this mechanic, but a growing number of them do). I like also the multiple endings, and generally long playtime (60+ hours on average). more bang for my buck :).

I'm a fan of two types of games for the most part; platformers (think Mario or Wario Land) and action adventure games (think the Legend of Zelda).

That said, I do like quite a few other genres as well. It's just the aforementioned ones are my overall favourites.

I'm a huge fan of sports games, racing games and shooting games, so these are my favorite types of video games that I like to play. But, what's your favorite type of video game?

I like a lot of different kinds of games. But my favorite hands down is strategy games. I love building up an empire and then attacking my enemies. Strategy games have always been my favorite. My second favorite would probably be shooters.

The platformers like Mario Bros. Also, any of the games based on the Harry Potter series. Stuff that have some kind of a storyline.

Third and first person shooters, arcade racing, and modern or future based MMOs. :)

I'm a fan of two types of games for the most part; platformers (think Mario or Wario Land) and action adventure games (think the Legend of Zelda).

That said, I do like quite a few other genres as well. It's just the aforementioned ones are my overall favourites.
Platformers were awesome back when that was all there was. Now that gaming power has increased dramatically, games have become so much more better looking, more in depth, and more complex. I stopped playing platformers when I sold my Nintendo. :)

The Crew is awesome. Probably the only racing game I ever liked more than Need for Speed!! :grin:

Back