What's your opinion on comedians making jokes about people's lives?

Heatman

Full GL Member
Credits
One thing that comedians are very good at is turning something in one's life into a joke for others to laugh at.

We all remembered what happened with Chris and Will Smith where Chris made a joke about Smith's wife and he got the slap of the year from Smith.

images - 2022-11-30T174949.789.jpeg

Yeah, he did but that never stopped or changed how he felt about it.
He apologized for it.

I’m not a fan of “I don’t like this so nobody else should” mentality that people have towards comedy. Eventually you’ll be under the crossfire when what you like is now considered “bad”

Making a joke about people that are present on a particular event can be dangerous especially when such person is not the type that can handle such emotions.

He apologized for it.

I’m not a fan of “I don’t like this so nobody else should” mentality that people have towards comedy. Eventually you’ll be under the crossfire when what you like is now considered “bad”
Personally to me, what we like or hate is subjective or should be subjective because we are all built differently. What's applicable to Mr A would most likely not be for Mr B.

I believe there is a time and a place for all jokes, on a live national stage is no such place.

I believe there is a time and a place for all jokes, on a live national stage is no such place.
I agree. The place and time makes all the difference on what goes down with comedy. At a place like Oscar Awards, there should have been a limit.

But if you take yourself to a comedy show event, you should have a stomach for whatever that gets thrown your way.

Back