WHO has classified gaming addiction as a disorder

Danielx64

Credits
The World Health Organisation has decided to list gaming addiction as a mental health condition for the first time along with symptoms of the conditions. The health body listed three symptoms which, if severe, could indicate gaming additions: impaired control over gaming in terms of frequency, intensity and duration, increased priority given to gaming, and a continuation or escalation of gaming despite negative consequences.

WHO has classified gaming addiction as a disorder

I'm not really sure what to think of this, I mean if the WHO keep putting everything down as a mental health condition, then everyone at some point can say that they have mental health issues.....

Last edited:
Or, you know, life is crap so you use video games as a means to escape your hellish reality. Did they think of that? I thought not.

On a lighter note, I've never heard WHO so I thought the title was asking a question.

While I wouldn't label the entire gaming community as such, I know there are plenty of people who can easily be labeled like this.

Not sure why, but back in Jr high school when sly cooper 2 came out, I was addicted to that game for some reason, to the point I fake being sick just so I could get out of going to school for that. For that brief period of time, I could easily be classified like this.

That's no surprising every people can be addictive to something like movies and sports, not just on games. WHO should not just address gaming alone.

Back