Who should be making the Mario movie?

Which animated film production company should make a Mario movie?

• Disney or Pixar

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Dreamworks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20th Century Fox/Blue Sky Studios

• Illumination Entertainment (like the rumours)

• Hasbro

• Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon

• Sony Pictures Animation

• Aardman Animations

• Other

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
As you may know, Illumination Entertainment (the people behind Despicable Me, Minions and the Lorax) have been supposedly in talks with Nintendo about making a Mario movie. And as you may also know, people have generally not been too happy about the decision, stating that Illumination can't make a good movie and that someone else should be involved instead.

So who do you think that company should be? Which animated film production company could make a good Mario movie?

Do you have a source for these talks? This is the first I've heard of it.

The minions are annoying as hell but Despicable Me was still decent flick. I think they'd do a reasonable job. I think I would prefer Disney because it could lead to future Disney-Nintendo deals.

Out of the companies my favourite is Pixar but I don't know what they would do to the Mario universe outside of, "What are Goombas thinking about?"

Wait, that wasn't just a stupid dream I had? Like a couple days ago I had a dream where that company made a Mario movie and put Minions in it and then the Minions jumped out of the screen and tried to kill everyone in the theater... I know that sounds crazy, but still.

I'd prefer Disney or Pixar to make it. I trust them more.

Do you have a source for these talks? This is the first I've heard of it.

The minions are annoying as hell but Despicable Me was still decent flick. I think they'd do a reasonable job. I think I would prefer Disney because it could lead to future Disney-Nintendo deals.

Out of the companies my favourite is Pixar but I don't know what they would do to the Mario universe outside of, "What are Goombas thinking about?"

Mario Bros. Set to Jump to Big Screen in Movie Deal with Universal’s Illumination

There are various sites and newspapers that wrote about it, but that's the original source.

People should let Nintendo know of their issues with the company, Nintendo will listen and back off quickly.

Anyways, I think Studio Ghibli should make it. Or maybe they be better off for Zelda...
Didn't Studio Ghibli shut down. I thought that's why The Wind Rises was such a big deal back in 2013. Which, I still haven't seen, which I really want to.

Also, maybe they want it to be bad on purpose. Maybe video game movies just aren't allowed to be good.

Games should remain games, movies should remain movies.
Over multiple decades, we've seen evidence of why games should never become movies, and why movies should never become games.

It only turns out well in very rare cases though.

Back