Why did the Gamecube sell so badly?

Dan The Man

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
A lot of people seem to look back fondly at the Gamecube but truth be told it didn’t perform well at all during its time at retail. This obviously led to Nintendo’s games mostly selling much lower numbers than they had done previously, and third party games would often sell worse on Gamecube than they did on the other machines as well.

Even the Xbox, the first ever console from Microsoft, managed to outsell the Gamecube. At the time, Gamecube was comfortably Nintendo’s worst ever performing home console, and even many of those sales came after drastic and somewhat desperate price cuts.

I think we had this talk before on here, if I remember right I think it was the mini discs Nintendo used and the fact the gamecube had no real power to it.

I think we had this talk before on here, if I remember right I think it was the mini discs Nintendo used and the fact the gamecube had no real power to it.
From what I understood, Gamecube was more powerful than PS2 with hardware.
But while PS2 got way more games, Gamecube had some of the best games ever created (my opinion).

From what I remember is that the generation back then was heavily relied on first person shooting in most countries, Gamecube offered more happy type games.

I enjoyed the GameCube. There were a lot of titles that I enjoyed that came out for that particular console. The GameCube was actually one of my favorite consoles made by Nintendo because of all the fun I had.

I liked Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario : Two Thousand Year Door, Harry Potter : Quidditch World Cup, Wario World, Crash Bandicoot : The Wrath of Cortex and Mario Kart : Double Dash, just to name a few. My favorite one of all time was probably the Luigi's Mansion game.

Great taste.

Thanks. I've got other games. I just think those were my favorites.

Now you say so, the Gamecube was too sweet.
I think people at the time preferred better spicy.()

That sounds reasonable. I think that the GameCube may not have been what people were interested in at the time. I loved it, personally, but I can't speak for the vast majority.

Have some nice Gamecube Cake:
900x.jpg

Back