Why do people think their opinions are better?

GracefulAssassin

Mori Hater
Awards
Credits
I keep seeing people online comment how only they are right. Now I don't really care what they think, but they don't even have valid reasons to back it up with. "CoD sucks because it does." "CoD sucks because it's popular." "PS3 is better than 360 because it is."

I think it comes down to people feeling they need to dominate the opinions of everyone else.

That's the whole reason people argue in the first place. No one argues to learn, they argue to win. It really just comes down to one person's point of view overpowering someone else's, even when they're completely wrong and talking out of their ass.

What's worse is that regardless of how right or wrong the person is on the subject, the more confident they sound in their conviction, the more people will listen to them.

I think trolls know this, which is why when you hear someone saying "Call of Duty sucks because reasons," they are only saying it because they heard someone else say the same, and they thought the person they heard it from sounded cool I guess.

I think that's how hate for CoD got started. One butthurt fan found another butthurt fan spewing crap, then spread their word like gospel.

There is also the matter of the modern hipsters:

images-2.jpg

These people will build a spaceship and try to live on the f&%$#ing moon if they think the planet Earth is too "mainstream."

44895327504877507_g6xGm5VO_c.jpg

God damn, I hate hipsters... They think they are cool because they don't like popular things, but they are not. They need to be stopped.

And especially Nintendo fanboys that think they are innovative, when they are not, and you ca easily find things they probably took the idea from. :p

Nope. :p Sony helped Nintendo make the N64, but they screwed Sony, so Sony made the better PS1. :p Nintendo steals ideas. :p

Sony pretty much stopped innovating after the PS2 though. Most, if not all, of their new features have been copied. Feel free to believe what you want but its a fact that Sony isn't what it used to be anymore. I'm repeating myself, but they care about performance much more than innovation.

Nope. :p Sony helped Nintendo make the N64, but they screwed Sony, so Sony made the better PS1. :p Nintendo steals ideas. :p
Not quite, They were partnered to make a disk extension to the SNES but due to licensing disagreements, Nintendo dumped them for Phillips. The extension was then developed independently by Sony and eventually became the Playstation.

Sony haven't done a damn thing original except for maybe the dual sticks and including media players (DVD, music, etc) in their console.

Because they claim they know everything and want to make others think the same way as they do, which doesn't seem to be right.

1. The Power Glove,
2. The Virtual Boy.
3. The Super Scope.
4. The Rumble Pack.
5. Dual Screen console.
6. 3D without glasses.
Nintendo got sued by an employee of Sony for stealing number 6. And first three things never caught on. Can't innovate if you are making useless inventions that don't even sell.

@Fanta And if Sony made the idea for the disc tray, and they turned it into the Playstation, then it was their idea that innovated the disc tray rather than inconvenient cartridges.

And besides any of this, PS1 and PS2 are more popular than any of Nintendo's consoles, except the NDS, which the PS2 is tied with, so I'd say Sony has been more successful anyway.

Because opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one.

And some people are bigger dicks than others and as such, they like to go around showing others just how big of a dick they really are.

This is especially the case online.
Online has the worst offenders because they probably wouldn't be able to talk shit in front of somebody in real life. Thus the invention of trolls. lol

@Fanta And if Sony made the idea for the disc tray, and they turned it into the Playstation, then it was their idea that innovated the disc tray rather than inconvenient cartridges.

And besides any of this, PS1 and PS2 are more popular than any of Nintendo's consoles, except the NDS, which the PS2 is tied with, so I'd say Sony has been more successful anyway.

They didn't make the idea for a disk tray, it was Nintendo's reaction to the Sega Mega Drive's disk extension. Also, I just found out the Sega Mega-CD played audio CDs so Sony wasn't even first to the multimedia front either.

Sony's success comes from smart marketing and nothing to do with their 'innovative' technology.

People have different tastes in games like some people like Halo more than Call of Duty, so they say Halo is better, and a lot of people are too lazy, or don't have the time to type up why they like something else compared to another.

Nintendo got sued by an employee of Sony for stealing number 6. And first three things never caught on. Can't innovate if you are making useless inventions that don't even sell.

This happens all the time. I'd bet you all my shards that the dumb guy will lose.
The fact that an invention doesn't sell doesn't mean that its useless. Nintendo was just dumb in marketing the devices. The power glove only had 2 games, while the Virtual Boy had a stupid rental system that killed all their marketing efforts.

Also while Sony (and Phillips) created the disk tray, it was ultimately Nintendo that approached them and asked them to create a CD-Rom add-on.
And the whole concept of the Playstation was initially meant to be a Super Nintendo compatible device. You can pretty much say that without Nintendo there wouldn't be any Playstation.

And yes, the Playstation was more popular than that the Nintendo consoles, but thats because Sony tried to scam Nintendo by claiming complete control over any and all titles written on the SNES CD-ROM format., forcing the later to break the agreement and try something else, which resulted in them losing 3rd party developers including Square Enix, in favor or the Playstation.

Sony acted smart while Nintendo, as usual, acted dumb, But that doesn't change the fact that Sony's popularity is based on the fact that they tricked Nintendo, stole their idea, and forced them into a dark alley full of thugs and rapers.

Back