Why do some rich people drive poorly maintained cars which are unsafe?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think some rich people drive poorly maintained cars to save money by taking a risk of not spending money to fix an unsafe car which can injure themselves or someone else riding in their car, or outside their car.

There maybe some rich people who are too lazy to bring their poorly maintained car to a mechanic to repair it.

Some people who have money don't want other people to know that they have money. The reason being, if you're rich (or you seem rich) then you are expected to pay for everything or people want to ask you for money.

This is true some people don't want people to know they have money, so they don't spend money. But, I feel it can be dangerous to drive a car which is poorly maintained where the car is likely to break causing the car to lose power or get out of control.

Paul Walker the actor from the Fast and Furious series died because his friend's car's tire were very old, and caused his car to lose control according to Paul Walker's Porsche had outdated tires at time of fatal crash His friend drove a Porsche Carrera GT, so it is hard to hide his money by driving an expensive car.

"At least two of the tires were more than nine years old; Porsche recommends that tires be replaced after four years. As a result, CHP investigators wrote that "the driveability and handling characteristics" of the car "may have been compromised.""

Paul Walker's Porsche had outdated tires at time of fatal crash

They might be stingy.

Or they might think that sort of stuff as exciting or they could be in debts secretly....I can think of so many reasons5

I agree some irresponsible people may find it exciting driving a poorly maintained car where the car is in poor condition which can cause the driver, passenger, and other road users to become injured, or killed if their unsafe car fails to drive properly, and get out of control, or explode because of a car fire. Driving a poorly maintained unsafe car is against the law in most places, so breaking the law maybe exciting for some people.

There are some people who are uneducated on when to take their car to a mechanic to see which parts like the brakes and steering system needs to be repaired, so their car is less likely to lose control and crash.

I guest cell phones can cause some people to not maintain their car as often or at all because they can use their cell phone to call a tow truck to tow their broken car to a car mechanic, and they feel there is only a small chance of getting seriously injured or killed from a broken car which lost control or caught on fire. The chances of getting stuck for hours on a dessert or less busy road because of broken car is less common since people can call for a tow truck with a cell phone unless their cell phone does not have electricity or become broken or lost.

Back