Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
If it's one nice thing about PCs, you can go online, choose and pick what you want on your machine and what colors and then have it shipped to your door. Why don't The big three do this? I would think system sales would increase if you could go online, choose how big the storage HD is, what color the system is, the added accessories, ect.

If the big three had this for their systems and handhelds, would you get your game systems this way?

I think no console company is making custom PC because they would need to setup a custom console store website, or phone line for people to order custom consoles with different hard drive sizes, and different color cases.

I think console makers should just sell the parts, and let people or third party console builders buy their own cases, and hard drives to make a custom console.

I know that the Ouya, other Android consoles lets you attach an external USB hard drive, or other form of external storage if the built-in storage is not enough. I think it is also easy to change the case for the Ouya, and use a custom made case which you made by hand or with a 3D printer.

Yes, I would buy a custom console.

A few hundred dollars to set up a extra page on their webpage for people to order a custom machine is pocket money to them. And their phone lines are already there and their people answering phones would just need to fill out a sheet.

The Xbox 360 used to sell custom removable faceplates for the original old Fat Xbox 360 to make the front of the 360 look like wood, metal, and other patterns, and MS makes it easy for you to install a bigger hard drive when they become available because their hard drives are external hard drives which you slide in to a cartridge slot for the slim 360, or pop-into the side in the older fat 360.

Maybe one of the reasons console makers don't sell custom consoles is because they want you to buy custom faceplates, and bigger hard drives along with a regular console with a smaller sized hard drive, so you have to buy both the regular console, custom faceplate, and bigger official hard drive for consoles.

You can use http://www.zazzle.com/cr/design/pt-musicskins_skin?device=gaming&brand=sony&model=playstation_3_console_slim to create, and order a custom reusable PS3 Vinyl skin for $49.99.

Perhaps, the large amount of custom third-party console vinyl skins and 3rd-party console cases on eBay and other sites make custom consoles not very profitable since there are many companies which sell cheap un-official vinyl skins, cases, hard drives, and mods for cheap prices because they use cheaper workers from China, Mexico, and India where the minimum wage is very low, or it is easy to get away with paying workers below minimum wage because the police does not enforce labor laws.

Tell GameStop and I'm sure they'll oblige your idea of removing the console stores which aren't operated by the big three.

Gamestop could always sell Valve's Steambox, and based on videos I saw on YouTube, the Steambox would be a Linux Gaming PC which is the sized of a game console, or smaller since the Xbox One is huge. Plus, the Steambox would have TV, and game controller support for playing games on the TV. If the Steambox is a PC like console, it would be pretty easy to buy a custom PC case, case lighting, and custom lighted cooling fans to make it look different, or Gamestop can hire a PC repair at the store to customize their steambox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Nr2K01lGg

The Ouya which Gamestop will be selling would be very customizable since the Ouya is mainly a circuit board screwed into a case, and you can use a 3D printer, or hand build your own case if you know how to.

If the Ouya becomes popular, I bet there would be custom Ouya cases which you can buy in stores, or on eBay and Amazon for a few dollars since the case on the Ouya is so small.

Back