Why Samus isn't playable in Dead or Alive Dimensions

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Obviously this is the first DOA for a Nintendo platform. We wanted to commemorate this occasion with something so we decided to feature a stage crossover with Other M. The footage we released for this was a bit confusing because it didn’t allow us to show our true intentions behind having this stage in there. One thing about Samus as a playable character — for DOAD our aim was to have a compilation of DOA characters so we purposely left out any new or guest characters in the game. Samus is a lone bounty hunter and protector of the galaxy so we thought it would be better to let her focus on her job rather than kicking everyone’s butt in DOAD.

That's what the devs said, at least according to an interview on IGN. Basically, they thought it wouldn't make sense, and that there should be no guest characters.

Heh, It would've been fun to play as her in Zero Suit form and kick the behind of the other DoA girls to show how badass Nintendo's characters also are.
tongue.gif

*Waits for rumors to go around the internet with people saying "SAMUS IS PLAYABLE lololol I HAVE UNLOCKED HER AND HAVE HER IN MY CHARACTER ROSTER HAHAHAHAHA."* Once the game is released.
dry.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The real reason...Nintendo did not want samus to turn any more heads with some bounce added to her.

The real reason...Nintendo did not want samus to turn any more heads with some bounce added to her.
Too late for that. They didn't have to give her generous melons in Smash Bros, but they did.

Too late for that. They didn't have to give her generous melons in Smash Bros, but they did.

She already had those generous melons...what I'm saying is...if they were to bounce..yeah..Nintendo took that into consideration.

She already had those generous melons...what I'm saying is...if they were to bounce..yeah..Nintendo took that into consideration.
<INSERT ONE MINUTE LONG, SLOW MOTION YOUTUBE VIDEO REGARDING SAMUS' CHEST HERE>

Back