Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Today Nintendo has given the Wii U a $50 price cut which starts on September 20th for both systems. Nintendo has release the following statement:

“The price decline is pretty straightforward,” Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told IGN. “Really, the focus on heightening the value for Wii U is now that we are in a position where we’ve got a regular pace of great software. Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U that just launched physically, Wonderful 101 in September, and then Wind Waker. Then we’ve got strong third-party content coming for the holidays as well. Scribblenauts, Skylanders, Sonic Lost World, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin’s Creed IV, Watch Dogs. So, strong pace of first-party, strong third-party content. Now’s the time to make the Wii U even more affordable and heighten the value.”

Anyone buying the Wii U now?

The chances of me owning a Wii U has increased. I want to try out Super Smash Bros. on it as well as the 3DS, -_-'

The chances of me buying a Wii U is much higher now than me buying a PS4, and Xbox One. Although, I wonder if there would be any better deals during the Winter holidays.

Demon_Skeith said:
black Friday will yield a good deal or two.
I just Google'd Mario Kart 8's release date and I saw that it'll be made available in 2014.

The chances of me owning a Wii U in 2013 has changed from "over 50%" to "0%". Two of the games that are making me interested in the console are SSB-WiiU and MK8.

Marc said:
I just Google'd Mario Kart 8's release date and I saw that it'll be made available in 2014.

The chances of me owning a Wii U in 2013 has changed from "over 50%" to "0%". Two of the games that are making me interested in the console are SSB-WiiU and MK8.
Unless your aiming for a sweet SSB/MK8 bundle then black Friday is the best time within a whole year to get the best price on a Wii U.

Demon_Skeith said:
Unless your aiming for a sweet SSB/MK8 bundle then black Friday is the best time within a whole year to get the best price on a Wii U.
hmmmm... Technically that is true.

Demon_Skeith said:
I knew playing the waiting game would get me a cheaper Wii U.
Playing the waiting game always get you cheaper stuff. Look at the Nintendo DS as an example. How much does that bad boy cost in this day and age? lol.

Back