Will 3D Printers, and other tech keep some trends/fads alive for a longer amount of time?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think 3D printers at places like factories, high schools, colleges, and rich and family and friends' with 3D printers, robots, and other tech maybe keeping trends/fads alive for a longer amount of time because there are a lot of videos on social network sites like YouTube, Reddit, and Instagram of people using 3D printers to make cheap and free trendy/fad items like Fidget Spinners, Pokemon toys, and other trend/fad items.

A lot of people also use other tech like robots, and digital files found on the internet or offline like eBooks, and online tutorial videos to learn how to use junk and cheap materials like paper, plastic and wood to make trendy and fad items like Fidget spinners for free.

There are also now a lot of mobile apps, computer programs, and websites related to Pokemon, Fidget Spinners, Super Mario, and other popular fad topics.

There maybe some computer virus makers and hackers who make a very popular virus which shows a picture of a fidget spinner, Pokemon Go ball, or other trendy fad item on a persons' computer screen because they are very vocal fans of the trend, so people who got infected by the virus will be reminded of the trend, or learn about the trend after they got infected by a computer virus with a trendy fad theme.

Last edited:
Hrmmm, maybe. Hard to say pending on the users.

Hrmmm, maybe. Hard to say pending on the users.

I think it also depends on the users' parents for kids and some young adults who live at home. Some stricter parents do not allow their kids playing with toys, eating junk food, owning games, and watching violent movies as long as they live in their home.

I think if you are required to work and live in the army in stricter countries like North Korea, the army can ban soldiers from playing with toys, watching movies and TV shows like Dragon ball and Pokemon made by Japan which is not North Korea's friend, and having fun with Japanese game consoles like the Nintendo Switch and PS4.

3D Printers are helpful in some cases but you need to remember that there only so much that you can make since it all plastic (as far as I know anyway)

3D Printers are helpful in some cases but you need to remember that there only so much that you can make since it all plastic (as far as I know anyway)

I think you can use the plastic 3D printed part as a mold to create a metal object when a metal worker pours melted liquid metal into a mold made of sand, and the plastic piece in the center of the sand.

There are also more expensive 3D printers which can print metal, and there are metal cutting/milling machines which can cut a piece of metal into different shapes.

Back