Will a Gaming PC ever be smaller than a regular smartphone?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it is possible that there will be some Gaming computer which will be smaller than a smartphone in the future. Most smartphone has a 5 inch glass touchscreen, battery, speakers, buttons, case, and other features which increase the size and thickness of the device.

Computer parts are getting smallers and faster, and generate less heat. More computers are coming without features like a disc drive, floppy drive, memory card reader, Ethernet ports, etc, so PC are getting smaller. I think eventually there will be more powerful computers which is a size of a small credit card which users plug into a monitor or TV to play games on.

Hrmmm maybe one day, not any time soon though. I have learned they are combining PC chips, like the northbridge and cpu on a motherboard.

Hrmmm maybe one day, not any time soon though. I have learned they are combining PC chips, like the northbridge and cpu on a motherboard.
There are laptops out there where the CPU is built into the motherboard and AMD CPUs has their memory controller built in as well.

If that going to happen, I think it will be some 20 or so years away. Alot needs to happen first.

I think it would take some time as well. But, 20 years is a long time, so it maybe slightly shorter depending on how fast Intel, Nvidia, and AMD find a way to make smaller size microchips, and other parts needed for building a Gaming PC.

I think it would take some time as well. But, 20 years is a long time, so it maybe slightly shorter depending on how fast Intel, Nvidia, and AMD find a way to make smaller size microchips, and other parts needed for building a Gaming PC.
It's not just that - It also the ports needed, USB, Audio, LAN/Wireless, Video output etc

It's not just that - It also the ports needed, USB, Audio, LAN/Wireless, Video output etc

I feel more computers will be built with fewer ports in the future except for a power port and a few USB ports, and most of the monitors, speakers, and wi-fi will wirelessly connect to the computer with a very high speed wireless connection.

I read online that wireless charging and power is becoming more popular, so a power port may not be needed in the future.

Back