Will fewer people charge a phone with a wall charger plug into Home power plug in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
As the price of those battery powered chargers become more affordable, more people may choose to buy a battery powered charger or a smartphone charging cases which charges their phone from another battery.

A lot of newer cars, train seats, and other forms of transportation have built-in USB ports for charging and data connections, so people have the option to charge their phone in a vehicle.

There are also solar powered phone and mechanical powered chargers, so if you live in a place with a lot of sun, or have the time and energy to hand crank a mechanical charger, you can charge your phone without ever plugging it into the wall by using the power of the sun, or your body movements.

depends on the older homes if they can ever support that kind of charging. But I assume so one day.

Though I do have to wonder about all this wireless stuff in the air affecting people.

depends on the older homes if they can ever support that kind of charging. But I assume so one day.

Though I do have to wonder about all this wireless stuff in the air affecting people.

I think most wireless chargers will still get the power from the home's main power line unless the wireless charger is powered by solar power from the sun, car batteries, a gas electric generator, or human power when someone peddles an exercise bike which is connected to a electric generator.

Wireless power maybe bad for people.

I think the need for fully wireless phone charging is less important these days. External battery chargers are affordable enough where you can afford to buy a few large battery powered external power to have enough electricity to last you many days or weeks of regular cell phone use. There are also thicker smartphones which has a very large batteries which last the whole day or longer.

I would charge via a wire anyways, I just feel there is too much crap flying in the air right now. I know I read one teen killed herself because she was getting sick from wifi.

It is unfortunate that the teen killed herself because of getting sick from wifi. I wonder if she tried moving to other places like a village in the forest where wifi, and radio waves are less common or don't exist.

I saw a video of people holding a long light tubes around power lines, and the power lines leak electricity which turned on the light bulb, and people living around the power worries about the health concern.

I would charge with wires as well since I'm worried about the health effects. Plus, those wireless chargers may also waste a lot of electricity by wireless transmitting power which is less efficient than a wired charger.

But, I feel the older wired electricity system with leaking wireless electricity from the power lines maybe just as bad or worse because of the high voltages of the power lines. I also saw news stories of people getting electrocuted from fallen power lines, and their house or electronics caught on fire because of bad or damaged wiring in their home, and devices like a lamp or electrical stove. Strong power surges can also cause fires.

Back