Will More Gaming smartphones come with 500GB and more storage space in a few years?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think More Gaming smartphones will come with 500GB or more storage space in a few years.

There are already SD cards which are 512GB in size which cost $199 on Amazon, so some gamers may buy a gaming smartphone with 512GB internal storage drive, so they dont need to buy a 512GB SD card to manually insert a 512 GB SD Card into the SD card slot. I think the SD card slot may not be as fast as internal storage chips because sometimes SD card readers have slower read and write times than a storage chip which is psychically install on a phone's circuitboard.

Gaming smartphones are usually bought by gamers, richer people, and some gamers and rich people are willing to pay more money for gaming hardware like a Gaming PC or smartphone with better parts like a larger storage size SSD.

I do believe that might be the case in the future. I don't think I would get it but it would be great, for many gamers to have that sort of storage.

Right now my laptop got that much storage space :grin:

Well, I can't think of someone that will actually need that much space for their phone. Maybe 256GB will be more popular due to its cheaper price compared to the 512GB version.

Well, I can't think of someone that will actually need that much space for their phone. Maybe 256GB will be more popular due to its cheaper price compared to the 512GB version.

Some mobile gamers record a lot of mobile gameplay video with a game video recording app. 512GB maybe needed for people who record many hours of HD and 4K gameplay video on their phone with a game recording app.

just throwing it up to 1 TB would be better.

just throwing it up to 1 TB would be better.

I agree, 1TB would be better. There is now a 1TB MicroSD card according to SanDisk unveils the Extreme 1TB microSDXC card at MWC

With 1TB of space, phone users would be able to use their phone to record many hours of mobile gaming gameplay video in 1080P from their smartphone, and also installing many games on their phone.

Gamers can spend many hours on their phone watching many hours of gameplay videos stored on their phone to see how to improve their gaming skills, so a phone with 1TB of space for storing gameplay videos can be useful.

I agree, 1TB would be better. There is now a 1TB MicroSD card according to SanDisk unveils the Extreme 1TB microSDXC card at MWC

With 1TB of space, phone users would be able to use their phone to record many hours of mobile gaming gameplay video in 1080P from their smartphone, and also installing many games on their phone.

Gamers can spend many hours on their phone watching many hours of gameplay videos stored on their phone to see how to improve their gaming skills, so a phone with 1TB of space for storing gameplay videos can be useful.

not worth the $500 price tag.

not worth the $500 price tag.

I agree, $500 is not worth it for most users.

I feel a 1TB memory MicroSD card will mostly be used as a status symbol to show off to people that the buyer of the 1TB card have a 1 TB SD card full of games, apps, videos, and music files on the card, and is rich enough to spend $500 on a 1 TB SD card.

Back