Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Do you believe the NX, the next Nintendo console which is rumored to be completely portable, will end the DS series finally?

I see a hybrid as a really bad idea, and doubt Nintendo would consider it for their own system. I explain the reasons full well in my article here:

https://gamingreinvented.com/ninten...ever-consolidate-home-consoles-and-handhelds/

The people who want a hybrid are the folks who haven't thought it through, and (in my opinion) are merely hoping it to be the case and letting that cloud their judgement of the recent rumours.

I see a hybrid as a really bad idea, and doubt Nintendo would consider it for their own system. I explain the reasons full well in my article here:

https://gamingreinvented.com/ninten...ever-consolidate-home-consoles-and-handhelds/

The people who want a hybrid are the folks who haven't thought it through, and (in my opinion) are merely hoping it to be the case and letting that cloud their judgement of the recent rumours.

Good points but a bit dated, technology is making crazy leaps and bounds and I think Nintendo is at a point they could combine handheld and console. Could there be draw backs? Possibly, but I do believe Nintendo is working with tech we don't know about and could wow us.

I think it is possible that the NX could cause the DS series to be discontinued if the NX is designed for non-hardcore gamers like young kids, and people who mostly play games like Pokemon Go on their smartphones and tablets. If Nintendo has no more plans on making their consoles compatible with large games like Grand Theft Auto 5, Titan Fall and Destiny with graphics which are very high quality compared to some Mario games, Nintendo may just stick to one console which is a hybrid of a handheld and console.

Personally I'm tired of buying two products from Nintendo, just give me one if done right.

I also only want one device if it is done right since I would not miss out on games where I don't own the system.

Hopefully, the NX turns out better than the Playstation Vita TV which could play Vita games on the TV, but did not do so well because of a lack of support for Vita.

Back