Will people continue to play games on their smartphones if smartphones become less popular?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
There are a lot of fun and popular offline games for smartphones, so I think some people will continue to play games on smartphones even if the smartphone becomes less popular as a communication device because most people switch to other devices like VR headsets, smart speakers, smart displays, PC, hologram displays, and smart headsets for communication.

Last edited:
I would play some random games on my smartphone. Not sure for the others.

I probably still play some older smartphone games like Fruit Ninja, Temple Run, and Angry Birds on a smartphone.

I also show younger kids that people in the past used to play games on a smartphone with a touchscreen instead of virtual reality headsets and holographic 3D displays if VR and Holographic displays ever becomes more popular instead of a fad which only last a few years until most people forget about them.

I don't think smartphones will ever become unpopular. Maybe evolve, but they will always be around.

I don't think smartphones will ever become unpopular. Maybe evolve, but they will always be around.

Phones in the future may not look like smartphones, and may look more like a mini laptops because people prefer a bigger screen, bigger keyboard, and rather use a device like a mini laptop for making phone calls, texting, and video chat because people become too lazy to hold a phone, and rather just use it on a table.

There's a probability that tablets will be more popular than phones.

A lot of bigger smartphones these days can be categorize as smaller sized tablets which are usually have 8 inch and smaller screens.

I think if people's eye sight becomes worse from old age, and poor eye sight problems, tablets could be more popular because wearing reading glasses to read a smartphone can be annoying if you don't like wearing reading glasses.

Tablets are also affordable where you can buy a cheap tablet for $50, and it is good enough for playing most popular mobile games except for mobile games like Asphalt 8 with better graphics.

Maybe not in the future, I remember turning on my TV at one point, and I saw a kind of a Pokemon-like anime where battles are being done with a smartphone.

Phones are not just popular, they are a necessity/utility so I don't think they are going to lose their player base. But yeah a lot of people who casually play games on mobile like CoC etc those gamers might lose interest at some point and reduce their playtime.

Phones are not just popular, they are a necessity/utility so I don't think they are going to lose their player base. But yeah a lot of people who casually play games on mobile like CoC etc those gamers might lose interest at some point and reduce their playtime.
Totally agree, it's daily necessity. Things getting done quick and accessible.

I agree games like CoC might lose interest. But, CoC may release updates/expansion packs which keep gamers playing like how World of Warcraft still is one of the biggest MMORPG for PC because there is still new content being release for WoW.

I agree games like CoC might lose interest. But, CoC may release updates/expansion packs which keep gamers playing like how World of Warcraft still is one of the biggest MMORPG for PC because there is still new content being release for WoW.
COC is good until they become more greedy. Clash Royale is more way budget friendly. :p

I got my phone in the event that my car breaks down on the side of the road...it allows me to call someone to come get me so that I'm not left stranded. I don't have any games on my phone because I'm scared it'll run my battery down and then I won't have a way to make a phone call when I need to. I have my Nintendo 3DS if I want to play games on the go. Plus, I got a Switch as well.

Well yea obviously lol.

But Clash royale is better than COC because you don't have to wait just to attack or get in battle.

I agree those games which you have to wait are not as fun, and needing to spend virtual and real money to skip waiting seems greedy of the game maker.

Watching ad videos to skip waiting is somewhat annoying.

I agree those games which you have to wait are not as fun, and needing to spend virtual and real money to skip waiting seems greedy of the game maker.

Watching ad videos to skip waiting is somewhat annoying.

Yea, time is precious. It's not fun if you want to play but you still have to wait. Even upgrading a single building takes a month or two. I don't also get why people spends thousands (literally) of dollars on this android games. Funding this type of games makes the developer greedy.

Yea, time is precious. It's not fun if you want to play but you still have to wait. Even upgrading a single building takes a month or two. I don't also get why people spends thousands (literally) of dollars on this android games. Funding this type of games makes the developer greedy.

Rich people have a lot of money where spending thousands of dollars on virtual items won't make them poor because some rich people own factories and companies which make million to billion of dollars a year.

Back