Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So looking over the news of the PS4 Pro and how it has game makers able to make games be more graphically beautiful, I have to wonder if this will cause longer times for a game to be released?

Assuming there isn't a PS4 game case and a PS4 Pro case for a game, that would mean games would take longer to come out because of the Pro or the games would come out but would need a patch later on to fully make use of the Pro's graphic abilities.

Not to mention to download games for the Pro will most likely be very big in data size.

Last edited:
I feel that most game makers will try to stay on schedule for their PS4 game releases to avoid losing fans, and losing buyers to similar games which are released sooner. Game makers can always hire more programmers, graphic artists, and staff to keep the game release date on schedule.

I feel that most game makers will try to stay on schedule for their PS4 game releases to avoid losing fans, and losing buyers to similar games which are released sooner. Game makers can always hire more programmers, graphic artists, and staff to keep the game release date on schedule.

Not true. Maybe right now they can stay on schedule but when making a brand new game to fully take affect of the PS4 Pro power it could take longer to make that game verses just making it for the PS4. To hire more people would mean a higher game selling cost.

Not true. Maybe right now they can stay on schedule but when making a brand new game to fully take affect of the PS4 Pro power it could take longer to make that game verses just making it for the PS4. To hire more people would mean a higher game selling cost.

I think it may still be possible to stay on schedule in the future. In the future, new computers would run faster. Game making software, and programming languages would also work faster, so less time is needed to make a game. Game programmers may learn faster programming and working skills, so they are able to create games faster, and take fewer breaks at work, so they can work longer without rest.

Game makers can also spend less money on TV, online advertisement, and conventions like E3, and use the money savings to hire more skilled workers instead of buying a lot of ads for their game.

Back