Will small cell phones always be the only popular Small Screen Size Device use for Gaming?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel it is possible that smaller cell phones will be the only popular devices with a small touchscreen like 3 to 4 inch screen which can be use for playing games. Nintendo and Sony probably will no longer make smaller screen size gaming devices since the Switch and Nintendo 2DS and 3DS XL with a larger screen seems more popular.

There are many thousands to millions of people worldwide who buy 4 inch screen size Google Android smartphones and flip phones with a smaller screen because these phones cost $50 or less, and the buyers prefer a smaller phone. Users can use small phones for playing simpler games like Hangman, Chess, Checkers, Tetris, snakes, and older title games like Angry Birds, Flappy Birds, and Fruit Ninja which can run on slower and more affordable phones.

It is a pain to carry around a big screen.

I feel playing games a big screen handheld console like the Nintendo 3DS XL and Switch may also make robbers want to take your console compared to playing games on a cheaper looking $50 smartphone with a smaller 4 inch screen.

I think that screens up to 6" will be more popular as more new games in portrait mode are developed. Everything over 6" I feel will be too much. Playing on a tablet, even if it's a smaller one like 9-10" is not comfortable for most games. They are great for media consumption, though.

I think that screens up to 6" will be more popular as more new games in portrait mode are developed. Everything over 6" I feel will be too much. Playing on a tablet, even if it's a smaller one like 9-10" is not comfortable for most games. They are great for media consumption, though.

I agree screens which are 6 inch in size will be more popular for Portrait mode games like Pokemon Go, Temple Run, and Flappy Birds.

I think 5 inch screen smartphones may still be somewhat popular with poorer mobile gamers who may only want to spend $100 to buy smartphone for playing mobile games like Pokemon Go, Fruit Ninja, and Angry Birds.

I think buying a $100 smaller screen smartphone with a 5" inch screen, 2GB of RAM, and quad-core 1.3GHz CPU is better for gaming than a $50 6" inch screen device with 1GB of RAM and dual-core 1.0GHz CPU.

I love the size of my S8 and honestly, I couldn't imagine using something with a smaller screen size. I do have to agree that it's annoying to carry around but I don't mind it. I would hate having to use a 4-5 inch screen.

I mostly prefer a larger smartphone/tablet for gaming and using apps.

But, smaller cheaper smartphones can be good for using as travel smartphone and mobile gaming device for going to countries with more robbery crime problems where there is a higher chance of meeting a robber stealing more expensive large screen smartphone or tablet. I think smaller smartphones are less attractive for robbers because they think most small smartphones are worth less money, so they are less likely to want to steal them compared to a newer big screen smartphone.

I prefer using the larger smartphones. It's easier to see what is on the screen if it's larger to begin with and I don't have to squint.

I prefer screens with 5.5" to 6" display. After that the phone is just too big and sometimes I can't even get it in my pocket.

I feel some mobile gamers may pick a smaller touchscreen phone to play games which has a lot of fast gameplay, and need the player to move his finger very fast to tapping on a enemy or game item on a screen more quickly if they want to get a higher score, or finish a level more quickly. A smaller 5 inch or smaller screen requires less hand movement to tap on something on the screen, and one finger can sometimes tap on two enemies at the same time, so you can more easily kill more enemies at a shorter amount of time.

Smaller size high quality touchscreens on higher quality small smartphone which are more responsive to finger movements and taps are also cheaper than larger high quality responsive touchscreens.

Some cheaper bigger touchscreen size smartphones sometimes come with less responsive and lower quality touchscreens which are not as good for gaming on.

Well, may be.
I am not so sure....but when you are bored and needs a distraction, any game would do :grin:
I used to play even cricket game in my mom's phone as a kid....and I hate cricket in general ._.

Back