Will small screen size devices like smartwatches and tiny smartphones have Stadia games for them?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think there will be a few game makers who will release Stadia games which are playable on smartwatches and other devices with a very small size screen like those tiny Android smartphones which have screens which are under 4 inches in size.

Yeah i guess but it will take more time as we think

I guess there could be some companion apps for smartwatches. I'm not sure why anyone would want to play actual games on their smartwatch really. Would be an awful experience :laughing:

Some older classic games like pong, snakes, Tetris, and older 2D RPGs maybe playable on a smaller screen. I remember playing Tetris, Snakes, and a simple racing game on my old Samsung flip cell phone with a small screen, and it work okay with the keypad controls.

The Gameboy Advance Micro had a small screen. Some men's smartwatch's screens maybe similar in size to the Gameboy Advance Micro's screen.

Some smartwatches have a dial and a few small physical buttons which maybe able to be use as button controls for games. Some smartwatches also have a microphone which can be used for controlling a game by voice.

Slower moving games like turn based RPG maybe playable on smaller touchscreen devices with a few buttons.

Turn based RPG’s work fine on a smartphone, because all you need is a virtual D-pad, and the menus work fine with touch controls. There’s plenty of screen real estate for you to use a virtual d-pad, and still be able to see what’s going on.

A smart watch would only be able to technically function when you’re in battle, ie using the dial to scroll through menus, and the button can confirm or something. I don’t think you’re being realistic when it comes to the other half of an RPG, which is navigating through maps and dungeons.

You need a four directional d-pad. Well there’s not enough buttons (and using the dial only moves you in two directions), so that leaves the screen. Then that means your finger is going to cover up a significant portion of the screen. Nobody wants to play a game where your finger covers up basically the entire screen.

Back