Will Smartphones be the main way people browse the web in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I don't think most people will use a smartphone as their main web browsing device in the future because computers are becoming very affordable compared to the past where a good PC cost hundreds to thousands of US Dollars.

You can now get a good PC for web browsing for around $100 or less.

There is the Raspberry Pi 3 which cost $35, and a lot of cheap $100-200 Google Chromebooks, Windows and Linux laptops, and mini computers which cost $100 or less, and can be plugged into a TV, or PC monitor with a HDMI port.

Browsing the web on a smartphone is also not as fun as using a larger screen monitor to browse the web on a Desktop PC or laptop.

Already 30% Of average traffic is from mobile these days. It is easier for working people like me to use phones to Browse!

I know google is making mobile friendly apart of its mysterious SEO setup. Though I hope not, I hate browsing mobile.

Already 30% Of average traffic is from mobile these days. It is easier for working people like me to use phones to Browse!

I think it depends what type of work you do. If workers work in a desk job like a secretary, and teacher, they usually have a desktop or laptop PC on their desk. I think people who work at desk jobs will mainly use the web browser on their computer.

But, for workers who work non-desk jobs like taxi drivers, and security guards, they may use a smartphone or tablet to browse the web when they are on break, or to check e-mail and login to websites related to their job.

I think a lot of unemployed people will mainly use web browsers on a desktop PC because it is easier to browse job related websites like LinkedIn, Monster, Craigslist's job hiring section, etc on a desktop PC. A lot of unemployed and non-working people who stay at home more spend more time on entertainment websites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Netflix, forums, and blogs which usually look better on a desktop PC or laptop. I think unemployed people who stay at home are more likely to use a PC because they only need to walk a few feet to turn it on, and start browsing the internet on a larger monitor.

Technology isn't that cheaper, and cheap adorable one aren't that bigger screen, probably 11 to 15inch and Australia is expensive anyway regarding computers. For a $300 you be looking at very basic, for that you might be lucky to have a i3 cpu.

I spent $540 (sales price online) for a Asus 540LA that's 500gb storage, i3 cpu, 15.6 screen, windows 10, 33 hours of battery, 4gb memory, it's not even a kilo,

Yeah

Probably.
Even now, many people are using their phones rather than tablets or laptops.....
In future....phones might have more storage and more battery backup.

I don't normally use my phone to browse because I don't have that much data to start with and I don't want to go over my limit. There's not anything that I have to look up right then and can't wait till I go home to look at it on my computer.

I don't normally use my phone to browse because I don't have that much data to start with and I don't want to go over my limit. There's not anything that I have to look up right then and can't wait till I go home to look at it on my computer.

I was the same, but I upped my data in time for me to need more.

Back