Will Tablets be the most popular electronic device to learn the basics of most offline tasks?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I think a lot of people will mainly use tablets to learn how to do tasks for the time being because there are a lot of free and affordable eBooks, websites, and apps which you can read on a tablet which is better for reading ebooks with colored pictures.

Virtual Reality may not be good enough, and cause eye strain if you use VR for too many minutes to hours, so VR is not a good choice for learning something which you need to practice for many hours a day.

eReaders still mostly use black and white screens, and can't display video and animation from apps at a good framerate like tablets which has a color screen, and parts like a CPU which is fast enough to play video and audio on apps without lag.

There are a lot of free and affordable simulation tablet apps like car driving simulators, boat simulators, and virtual musical instrument like virtual drum, piano and guitar apps which can teach people the basics of a task with simulation and virtual instruments and tool apps before they actually use the real thing which can be more expensive, and dangerous if it moves like a boat, or has sharp edges like a electric saw.

Most tablets have motion controls like the Wii remote controler, so users can learn the basics of steering a car, using a hammer, screwing a screw, using a saw, etc. Some tablets like Windows tablets support a USB joystick controllers, keyboard, motion controllers like wiimote, Car steering wheel controller, and pedals to make simulation programs more realistic.

A smartphone screen is too small for long periods of reading, and using complicated apps.

A good Smartphone, PC or Laptop which can run programs and apps at a decent speed can be too expensive for poor people. Some people like kids may barely be able to afford a $50 Android tablet. PC are too big to carry around, and may use too much space your home if they live in a car or small boat where space is limited where you don't have space for a small table for a keyboard and monitor.

I believe so since they are used in schools a lot.

I believe so since they are used in schools a lot.

A lot of parents seem to be giving their very young kid's tablets to watch cartoons, and use apps to learn the basic information about math, english, science, and tasks like drawing.

yeah, both my brother's kids got tablets when they were like 2. Way too young IMO.

Supervision is important when letting kids use tablets, so they don't spend too much time watching cartoons, playing games, and using apps.

Some parent's may worry that their kids will be left behind in the future, and have a harder time in school or finding a job as a young adult when almost everyone is using a tablet or PC to study, work, and create files like documents, pictures, and video.

Back