PS5 Will the PS5 be Backwards Compatible?

Dan The Man

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I couldn't find a thread asking this question, so I figured I would do it here. Lock me out of playing my old games if this is a repeat.

Do you believe the Playstation 5 will be backwards compatible with Playstation 4 games? We all know that the PS3 architecture made things difficult with the PS4, but the hope is that Sony will make it much easier for us to replay our favorites like Bloodborne and God of War without having to release remastered editions of these games.

Sony has however been making bank on basically reselling games like GTAV and TLOU on their current platform and their most recent policies have made me nervous that they won't make up some excuse to do it all again in 2-3 years. We are pretty confident that the new Xbox will be backwards compatible, but can we count on the new Playstation to do the same?

They should considering making the games for PS4 compatible with PS5 if they don't want to lose some of their customers. Some people might not buy the new console only because they will have to purchase all the video games again.

I hope they do, but I have my extreme doubts they will.

I think the PS5 maybe backwards compatible if enough gamers want the feature, or retro gaming becomes very popular. But, I feel Sony may not make the PS5 backwards compatible, so people re-buy the same games on PSN.

Back