Will there be a 2D Zelda game on the 3DS?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Like the extremely successful NES games, A Link to the Past, Oracle series and Minish Cap, or have games like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks replaced them? Heck, since the 3DS has Gamecube level power, will Nintendo even bother making non Mario 2D games or will all 3DS games use 3D in some way?

I'm sure the 3ds will put some 2d games out there...well 2.5d maybe. Though that's what the 3dsware or whatever they're gonna call it, is for. They always have 2d wiiware games and such...so I'm certain they won't just abandon this classic style as it saves time and money, and can sometimes make a game better in general.

Certainly no 2d games...it may be isometric (I think that's the word for it) in camera angles, but it wouldn't make much sense for a 3DS game to have NO 3d elements whatsoever. It'd be like a Wii game with no need for motion controls...OKAY, so that has happened, but it doesn't exactly take advantage of the hardware, ya know? And I feel like 3d will be much easier to implement into games than motion controls, which should cut down on the number of games where it feels like developers almost had to force themselves to find a way to fit motion controls in. It sucks away some of the fun of the game and makes it feel artificial.

I dearly wish they wood, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
sad.gif
For crying out loud, I think in all honesty that the 2d zelda games were by far my favorites in the series. The oracle series is in my opinion better than most zelda games. A link to the past, albeit lengthy and tedious at points, is also an amazing game. Both 2d. Both didn't need the great awesome pop out at ya graphics that the new ones have. Don't get me wrong, I love the 3d sandbox zelda games also. It's just that nintendo will want to keep pushing their creative ideas to the max, and that doesn't include turning back to 2d when they're the first to have a glasses free 3d system that works.

This has turned a bit interesting. Personally though, I hope any 2D Zelda games are more like A Link to the Past and less like Spirit Tracks and so, and yes, 2D games can well have elements that take advantage of the 3DS functionality just fine.

This has turned a bit interesting. Personally though, I hope any 2D Zelda games are more like A Link to the Past and less like Spirit Tracks and so, and yes, 2D games can well have elements that take advantage of the 3DS functionality just fine.

So what you mean is...you want the sprites to be from a bird's eye view and retain the 2d sprite look? I'm not so sure they'd go in that direction unless it's fanservice or some sort of 3DSware. I think the closest we'll get to "A Link to the past" is a Bird's eye view game in 3d (like the DS titles). Though something similar to the graphics Pokemon Black has would be neat. I mean the way the spites kinda pop out at you on the map (not in battle).

That is what I want, and that style of Zelda game actually sells really well, if Nintendo would give it more of a chance nowadays.

I think it would be a great idea but I don't see it happening in 2D, it will most likely be in 3D and I don't see it happening anytime soon since there working on Skyword Sword and it its most likely being releaesd around Christmas 2011

Back