Will there be a Gaming Laptop version of Nintendo Switch or Laptop style case for Switch?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it is unlikely that Nintendo will make a version of the Nintendo which resembles a Gaming Laptop, and comes with a keyboard for typing in text in textboxes like your name and password in a web browser.

A Laptop style device would cost more than a Gaming tablet to make.

But, I like the laptop design like in the 3DS and DS because it can protect the screen when the lid is closed.

I bet, there would be third-party accessory makers like Nyko, Madcatz, and Pelican, and people like Ben Hecks and Gaming enthusiasts which make a laptop style case for the Nintendo Switch if there is a demand for a laptop style case like iPad, Windows 10 and Android tablet laptop cases.

Considering the Switch is a tablet and most tablet games can be modded to be played on a PC, I think modders will make Switch gaming possible on any computer setup.

Considering the Switch is a tablet and most tablet games can be modded to be played on a PC, I think modders will make Switch gaming possible on any computer setup.

I agree there would be modders which change the Switches setup to game on any computer setup, and possibly find a way to make Switch games playable on a VR headset.

I feel the current Switch setup with the kickstand on the back is not as good because users can't adjust the vertical screen angle as much like a laptop where you can make the vertical viewing angle very straight or more slanted depending on the height of your table, and changing the vertical slant angle of the screen can help reduce light reflection from other light sources like the sun, lights, and bright TV sets.

Back