Will Virtual Reality ever catch on in gaming?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Like the Occulus Rift or other such devices?

Personally, I'm skeptical of them, and the idea that Virtual Reality is gonna take off soon. I mean, modern games just aren't... immersive enough to really make the concept work. Yeah they look fairly good and all, but their level designs are basically just movie sets with often fairly minimal interaction. Don't think that translates over too well to VR.

Add a fairly high price tag, a general minimisation of the 'social aspects' of gaming (like the feel of playing with others in the same room) and the fact most notable games won't be made for said devices, and I suspect they're all just gonna stay as super niche technology that no one really uses.

But what do you think? Is the age of Virtual Reality nearly here in video games? Will the concept ever catch on? Or is the whole thing doomed to fail until technology moves forward significantly further?

Well the oculus rift as far as I know has no criticism and there's pretty good games for it. So maybe it will get a step forward in gaming. We might see another virtual boy again but this time successful.

Well the oculus rift as far as I know has no criticism and there's pretty good games for it. So maybe it will get a step forward in gaming. We might see another virtual boy again but this time successful.

We have another VB it is called 3DS. It does the same thing but in color. Only difference is that you don't jam your face into it.

Source: I owned a VB since it came out.

Back