Will you try to watch an anime from some genre that you don't like?

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
So, would you do that? I do.

If it's just too popular, then people just can't help it. Tokyo ghoul, Hellsing and other gory anime are just out of my comfort zone. What about you guys?

I’m not the type of person who’d check something out just because it’s popular, especially if it’s not in my wheelhouse.

I’ve already discovered I do not like space operas. So on top of not liking the genre, I have a massive backlog of stuff I do like, so I’m not gonna bother.

Interesting.
I don't think people wouldn't want to watch something that's very popular.

Interesting.
I don't think people wouldn't want to watch something that's very popular.

I’ve never been one to keep up with something just to be trendy, especially if it’s something I don’t care about. I’m sure everyone has something (including not anime related) that’s popular that you don’t care about or like.

There’s also times where hopping into something because of the hype train can also boost your expectations higher than it’s probably going to provide. In a way it could backfire and boost your negative reaction more if you ended up not liking it.

If it was a normal type of popular and you didn’t like it, you’d normally just shrug it off, but with a hype train and the constant in your face of it being called the greatest ever, you can end up not liking it even more. Especially if those same people are annoying about you not liking it. It’s what boosts the hate train over really popular stuff, and years later those same people will go “actually... it wasn’t that bad”

I’ve never been one to keep up with something just to be trendy, especially if it’s something I don’t care about. I’m sure everyone has something (including not anime related) that’s popular that you don’t care about or like.

There’s also times where hopping into something because of the hype train can also boost your expectations higher than it’s probably going to provide. In a way it could backfire and boost your negative reaction more if you ended up not liking it.

If it was a normal type of popular and you didn’t like it, you’d normally just shrug it off, but with a hype train and the constant in your face of it being called the greatest ever, you can end up not liking it even more. Especially if those same people are annoying about you not liking it. It’s what boosts the hate train over really popular stuff, and years later those same people will go “actually... it wasn’t that bad”
That's true.
I usually ignore such people. I don't like gintama and I have seen too many people talking about how good it really is. I don't get it, so I just ignore them

No. I normally don't go outside of what I like when it comes to what I watch. I stick to certain things and that's it.

i would definitely give a genre I don't like a shot. For example, I didn't like kinda childish cartoons as Kim Possible and so on. Then, I tried the Star Versus the Forces of Evil with my girlfriend and it actually turned out to be a great cartoon series :)

Back