Windows 10 Freezing After Anniversary Update On SSDs

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
An issue has been highlighted on the official Microsoft Support forums which reveals that some users have been facing a problem with Windows 10 installed on a solid state drive (SSD) after it was updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update – the first major update for Windows 10 – earlier this month. They say that the OS is freezing after the Anniversary Update is download and installed, provided that the system has been installed on an SSD while apps and data are stored on a separate drive.

Read More

I think if you use a SSD, it is best to backup all your data, and wait a few extra weeks or months before you upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Just had a issue tonight where my PC froze (HDD) for a second while trying to view a youtube video and when it came around I lost my wallpaper image.

What was the update, This lasted one or before? I had an update yes! Have I had errors and problems? no!

I notice the Anniversary update took a long time to fully update, and I was stuck at the login screen for a long time where I only saw the circle loading icon. This Windows Update also made my All-In-One Printer not connect to my computer properly, so it won't work. I had to use the driver uninstaller for my All-in-one printer to uninstall my printer drivers, and clean install my printer driver for my Printer to work again.

Back