froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
One of the perhaps the biggest but easily overlooked revelations Microsoft’s BUILD 2017 developer conference didn’t happen on stage or with any major press release. It, instead, happened in a 13-minute long video over at Microsoft’s Channel 9 site. This video confirms once and for all what developers and perhaps users as well have been hoping for. Windows 10 on ARM will fully support “legacy” win32, a.k.a. x86, software at “nearly” native speeds and without any changes to the programs themselves.

Read More

Windows 10 being compatible with ARM/Mobile CPU is a good for making Windows being abled to run on most devices. More people will use ARM/Mobile chips in the future because the price of many Intel and AMD CPUs and video chips are still very expensive when you buy faster CPUs like the Intel Core i5 or i7.

Intel, and AMD may stop making x86 CPUs for regular computers in the future if they no longer can get enough buyers to buy x86 chips where they earn enough money to continue designing and making x86 CPUs because more people switched to computers, tablets, laptops, and phones which use more affordable ARM/Mobile chips which can be fast enough for web browsing, watching video, playing games like Minecraft, Clash of Clans, Pokemon Go, Bards Tale, and Zelda and Switch games on the Nintendo Switch which uses a Nvidia Tegra X1 ARM chip.

Hopefully, Windows 10 running on ARM processors like the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 and the Nvidia Tegra X1 would be faster than running Windows 10 on cheaper low performance x86 PC CPUs like the Intel Atom found on those $200 and cheaper Windows PCs and tablet/laptops which have slowdown problems when running more CPU intensive programs like Video editors and games like Grand Theft Auto 5 because the Atom's CPU and onboard graphics chips are too slow to run big programs at a fast speed.

They say that, but I have my doubts.

They say that, but I have my doubts.

I feel MS will someday ban all non-Windows Store apps, programs, and games from installing, and running in all future versions of Windows.

Companies like Apple, Google, Steam OS/Steammachine and Amazon are making it harder for most people to install apps which are not in their official App and games software store.

If MS stop un-official Windows Store software from running, Software makers will need to share their sales earnings with Microsoft's Windows Store, and buy a expensive license to publish software for Windows sort of like Xbox games where MS needs to approve games, and can stop the sales of Xbox games, and stop the game from working on Xbox at any time.

Back