Windows 10 upgrades will cost $119 after July 29

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

If you've been dragging your heels on upgrading to Windows 10, now is the time to take action. Free upgrades to the new OS from previous versions of Windows will end on July 29, Microsoft reiterated today. The company initially said the offer would only last one year, and indeed that date marks Windows 10's first anniversary. After July 29, you'll have to shell out $119 to upgrade to Windows 10 Home (or to put it on a new device).

Read More

I feel $119 is expensive for a Windows upgrade because there are not a lot of important new features in Windows 10 which are not available on Windows 7, and Windows 8/8.1.

If I were to spend $119 on upgrades for improving my computer, I rather upgrade to more RAM, install a faster CPU, and motherboard rather than pay $119 for a Windows 10 upgrade.

I'm curious what this will do to the nagging upgrade notifications on W7 and W8? And I know I will read a news story how someone was upgraded and charged for the upgrade price.

I'm curious what this will do to the nagging upgrade notifications on W7 and W8? And I know I will read a news story how someone was upgraded and charged for the upgrade price.

I think Windows 10 update will become a 30-60 day free trial instead of a free upgrade like before July 29. Windows 10 will nag the user to pay the $119 price after the trial period.

If anyone here is still on the fence, I've being running Windows 10 since the start and not had any issues. If you plan on upgrading parts of your PC rather than buy a whole new one - you are best off upgrading whilst it is free.

If anyone here is still on the fence, I've being running Windows 10 since the start and not had any issues. If you plan on upgrading parts of your PC rather than buy a whole new one - you are best off upgrading whilst it is free.

how many programs work for W10? And what have you had to do for all the spy programs on W10?

there is a lot to do actually:

I think the Windows 10 user interface is not for everyone, and there are still a lot of people who are more comfortable with the startmenu found in Windows 7 and Vista because they are more similar to the startmenu in XP and 98.

Some people also like the transparent design of Windows 7 and Vista instead of the flat design of Windows 10.

Aren't a bad price, consider the the cost of the Windows 7 when that came out. Also windows 10 is good
. Been using it for 18 months now with the development os.

Things have to end

Learn to tolerate it? Probably.

Enjoy it? Unlikely.
Better than my grandma who doesn't know where the on button is :grin:

Back