froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Just because you don’t have to lay out money for software, that doesn’t necessarily make it “free.” In the last few days, users of Windows 10 have noticed full-screen ads on their lock screen if they happen to be using “Windows Spotlight” to put pretty pictures there.

Read More

This sounds like an annoying feature for Windows 10 users who don't like advertisements on their OS and programs.

I wonder can a hacker or scammer hack screen saver ads to trick people into installing a virus onto their PC, or giving them money by posting a fake message from their bank to transfer money to unlock their bank account.

*laughs hard.*

It won't be long till that is just a default thing happening no matter what program you use.

*laughs hard.*

It won't be long till that is just a default thing happening no matter what program you use.

Windows 10 is a free operating system for many users who upgraded from Windows 7 and 8.1, so I can see a future where Microsoft uses advertisements to make money like free apps with ads, and free websites.

I think the Xbox Dashboard also contains ads, so it won't be unlikely that Microsoft puts ads on the Windows 10 desktop by changing the wallpaper, or a banner ad on your program windows.

Back