Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So long Windows Vista. Microsoft today released its latest greatest operating system Windows 7, meaning the PC users have finally been given the OS that Vista should have been, but sadly never was. Windows 7 boasts quite a few performance, interface and feature improvements over Vista, and best of all, it doesn’t require any addition hardware upgrades for computers that currently run Vista without issue.

Still, if you want to make sure your computer has what it takes to run Windows 7, you can download an upgrade advisor tool from Microsoft that will tell you how your machine stacks up with the OS’s requirements.

Unfortunately, Windows 7 isn’t expected to drastically improve gaming at all, even though it does include support for Direct X 11 API, but so will Vista once Service Pack 3 is released. Plus, it’s going to be a while before developers start incorporating DirectX 11 into their titles on a regular basis. Still, having a more stable and snappier OS is never a bad thing, and that in itself should make for a more enjoyable experience overall, which is appreciated.

source

I'll run the Win7 upgrade advisor to see if my family's desktop machine qualifies. I'm just thankful that Win7 will be a lot better, and faster than Vista. I went shopping a few days ago and find some computers have Win7 preinstalled.

QUOTE (Spiritwarrior @ October 22, 2009 11:26 pm) I'll run the Win7 upgrade advisor to see if my family's desktop machine qualifies. I'm just thankful that Win7 will be a lot better, and faster than Vista. I went shopping a few days ago and find some computers have Win7 preinstalled.
Here are the min specs for windows 7 -

Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 7[94] Architecture 32-bit 64-bit
Processor 1 GHz 32-bit processor 1 GHz 64-bit processor
Memory (RAM) 1 GB of RAM 2 GB of RAM
Graphics Card DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver model 1.0 (For Aero)
HDD free space 16 GB of available disk space 20 GB of available disk space
Optical drive DVD drive (only to install from DVD/CD Media)

Source wiki and the microsoft site.

Back