froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
The numbers show that Windows 8 and 8.1 combined to pass 10% of the global OS market. The metrics show that Windows 8 and 8.1 climbed in December 2013 by 10.49% combined. Windows 8 gained a scant 0.23% during December with Windows 8.1 growing 0.96%.

Read More

I bet if Windows 8.1 tablets, netbooks, and cheaper PCs cost $99-199 or less like cheaper computers with  Linux Operating System like Ubuntu or Linux Mint, the percentage of Windows 8-8.1 computers would be higher since a lot of people these days don't have $299-400 to buy a Windows computer because they need to pay their bills like rent, electricity, and gas which cost more every year.

Plus, the HP Touchpad sold out in hours after going on sale for $99 since people like buying cheap stuff to mod, hack, and use for tasks like using emulators to play older console game ROMs.

I hear windows 9 is being made, by the time windows 8 gets going 9 will be out and avliable.

I heard Windows 9 will just be Windows 8.2 which will most likely be a free update for Windows 8 users.

Also, Windows 9 maybe become  even less popular than Windows 8 because of the many more alternatives for computer operating systems like Mac, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Chromebooks, Google Android, iOS, and mobile devices like tablets and smartphones taking more users away from the Windows operating system platform.

Back