froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Strategy Analytics predicts that by 2019, we could be looking at iOS commanding 23% of the tablet market, 18% for Windows, and 59% that goes to Android which still puts them at the majority, but ceding a lot of ground to Windows.

Read More

I think, if MS released an Xbox tablet like the Nvidia Shield Gaming tablet, there would be more people buying Windows tablet now.

I also bet, most of the Windows tablets which will be sold in the future will be cheap Windows tablets which cost $100 or less, and people will mainly use them as laptops to run desktop programs like VLC Player, Gimp image editor, Chrome, and Firefox.

Wait and see, though I say the predictors will be wrong.

Wait and see, though I say the predictors will be wrong.

I agree the predictors will be wrong because people are buying tablets from Amazon which now has a $50 7 inch Fire tablets with a MicroSD card, and good performance for running most games, and apps. There also are a lot of cheaper $20-30 Android tablets from companies like RCA, and Proscan which have a lot of buyers because of their low price.

I remember at one time predictors predicted in an article that Windows Phone would be the most used Phone Operating System, but now Windows Phone is very unpopular with most users because of having not enough quality apps, and a boxy unfamiliar user interface instead of regular shortcut icons.

Back