froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Oh boy, here we go — John Hanke, CEO of Niantic Labs, just told the world that Pokémon Go is coming to the Apple Watch on stage at Apple’s iPhone 7 event.

The game has become one of the most successful game launches of all time (if not the most successful game launch of all time). Hinke said Pokémon Go has been downloaded more than 500 million times around the world since it launched. Trainers have walked more than 4.6 billion kilometers while playing the game.

Read More

I think Pokemon Go is one of the better games for the Apple Watch and other smartwatches because Pokemon Go is a walking game where you occasionally slide your finger upwards on the screen to catch Pokemon with a Pokeball.

It would be cool if someone made a standalone Pokemon Go device with a large battery, so more serious Pokemon Go fans can play it for many hours without draining their phone or tablet battery.

I don't see how this game can be played on a small screen.

Pokemon Go is mainly a walking game which has very few controls except for swiping up to catch pokemon.

Maybe Pokemon Go for Apple Watch will have fewer features because of the small screen size than the smartphone version with more features.

I think it is the kind of game that actually fits a watch perfectly. Not worth buying one though as far as I am concerned.

The Apple Watch also have a heart-rate monitor built-in.

I think the heart-rate monitor maybe useful for more active Pokemon Go players since the heart rate monitor can warn them that they have been playing too long if their heart rate is too high from too much walking or running.

If a gamer have a disability with their hand or arm where they can't easily hold a smartphone, the Apple Watch maybe the only convenient way to play Pokemon Go.

Pokemon Go for the Apple Watch may bring slightly more gamers to Pokemon Go if an Apple Watch users smartphone like an iPhone 3GS or older or slower Android smartphone is too slow for Pokemon Go, or they use an unsupported smartphone like a Windows Phone, or regular cell phone which can't run Pokemon Go.

Back